- Bulawayo Police look for victim following her rape allegations against self-exiled G40 kingpin Professor Jonathan Moyo.
- TUGWI-MUKOSI, ZIMBABWE'S LARGEST DAM, is 89 percent full, and nearly spilling for the time since its construction.
- AS AT 19:00hrs GMT, USA marked a sombre covid death mark reaching 400,000 dead people from covid today...22hours before Donald Trump leaves the Oval office for good! UK covid death toll is 96,000 dead people
- AT LEAST 30 FAMILIES WHOSE HOMES HAD BEEN FLOODED following heavy rains in Gweru have been given shelter by the city council working with the District Civil Protection Unit
- ZIMBABWE RECORDED 60 COVID-19 DEATHS IN 24 hours on Monday
Zanu PF Bulawayo is yet to formalize its suspensions by submitting a report to the National Disciplinary Committee on the 19 members including Senator Angeline Masuku it suspended about two weeks ago for attending a meeting of ex-combatants that was held in Bulawayo last month.
The meeting was addressed by the Zimbabwe National Liberation War Veterans Association chairman, Christopher Mutsvangwa and expelled Zanu-PF member, Jabulani Sibanda.
The Zanu-PF Bulawayo provincial chairman, Dennis Ndlovu, said they were working on forwarding the report.
In suspending the 19, the Zanu-PF provincial executive was irked by the fact that the members attended the meeting which they deemed an “illegal meeting addressed by someone expelled from the party.”
They also said they were recommending the suspension of Masuku saying although she was a National Consultative Assembly member she still comes from Bulawayo.
Former Matabeleland South Governor and Zanu-PF National Consultative Assembly member, Masuku was suspended alongside four other party NCA members, Cdes Molly Mpofu, Fidelia Maphosa, Oppah Ncube and Eliphas Tshuma.
Other suspended provincial members include; Christopher Sibanda (Provincial Secretary for Information), Charles Ndlovu (Secretary for Environment and Tourism), Mlungisi Moyo (Secretary for Indigenisation), Rejoice Sibanda (Deputy Provincial Chairperson of Women’s League), Rose Kandiero (Secretary for Gender), Kevin Mudzidziwa (Secretary for Economic Affairs) and Miriam Moyo (Secretary for Legal Affairs).
Also suspended were: Siwinile Ncube (Secretary for Education), Garikai Zonde (Deputy Secretary for Economic Affairs in the Youth League), Victor Mpofu (Secretary for Transport), Caleb Sengu (Deputy Secretary for Education) as well as Cdes Douglas Gangaidzwa, Shorai Sende and Blackwell Bulukutu.
Source: Sunday News