- ZIM GVT barrs unvaccinated officials from attending key national events, including Heroes and Defence Forces Day celebrations, to curb COVID-19 virus spread;
- Chinese city of Wuhan will begin testing its entire 11 million population, after Wuhan recorded 7locally transmitted cases - the first local infections in more than a year.
- 40 burials per day, Harare Council short of grave diggers in its eight cemeteries as COVID-19 daily death toll surges
- Writer Conway collapsed and died around 4pm at his House today.
- CHINA after Chiyadzwa diamonds mining, invests US$37,5 million into RG Mugabe Airport and ZW$1 billion in Zimbabwe Iron and Steel (Ziscosteel)
In a showcase of power, akin to the ruthless purge by Mugabe across Zanu PF in which Mugabe fired the former Zimbabwean Vice President, Joice Mujuru and numerous Zanu PF stalwarts such as Didymus Mutasa, Rugare Gumbo, etc, Mugabe has , again typically flexed his muscle by firing 9 Zanu PF members yesterday. Of the 9, four of them were top four executives of the Zimbabwe National Liberation War veterans Association (ZNLWVA).
The four are Victor Matemadanda, Douglas Mahiya, Francis Nhando, and Headman Moyo. Engineer Munacho Mutezo, the Chimanimani legislator was also fired from Zanu PF. By Sibusiso Ngwenya