- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
‘Zanu PF Gokwe MP Chanda (41) and Ward 13 Councillor Chirongoma (34) arrested for extortion and stealing food aid’.Zanu PF Gokwe MP Chanda (41) and Ward 13 Councillor Chirongoma (34) arrested for extortion and stealing food aid’.
Zanu PF Member of Parliament for Gokwe-Sesame Constituency Gorden Chanda (41) and Ward 13 Councillor Georgina Chirongoma (34) have been arrested for allegedly extorting villagers and stealing food aid.
Chingoroma was arrested on Monday night, while Chanda turned himself in at Gokwe Central Police Station yesterday.
The pair yesterday appeared before Gokwe magistrate Mr Musaiwona Shortgame facing charges of criminal abuse of office.
They were remanded out of custody to February 11 on $1 000 bail each.
Chirongoma had relaxed bail conditions, while the MP was asked to surrender his passport.
He was also asked to report twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays, at Gokwe Police Station and to reside at his Gokwe address.
The State, led by prosecutor Mr Liberty Chimwaradze, said sometime in December last year, the two took advantage of their positions and organised a meeting with village heads. They asked them to mobilise $5 from each of the 13 000 households in the ward.
The court heard that during the meeting, the two told village heads that the money was for the construction of Gande Clinic in the ward.
Mr Chimwaradze said the village heads went out and collected $7 091 which was handed over to the duo.
The court heard that it was then discovered that the clinic was being funded by Gokwe South Rural District Council.
On the second count, Mr Chimwaradze said on December 16 last year, Chirongoma went to Grain Marketing Board (GMB) Gokwe depot and collected 3 200 bags of maize meant for food relief.
The court heard that Chirongoma under declared the number of bags which were supposed to be dropped at each distribution centre. Investigations by police showed that Chirongoma under declared 120 bags of maize.
Police recovered some of the maize at Chirongoma’s house. herald
WELCOME EVERYONE: 291,730 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 291,730 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,615 likes
Followed by 12,788