- I SAID, PM JOHNSON, will go down swinging, now Douglas Ross, the Conservative MP for Moray, has resigned over Cummings refusal to apologise for breaching lockdown measures
- ZIMBABWE'S Former accountant, General Daniel Muchemwa died, on Sunday morning at Dandaro Hospital in Borrowdale, Harare and the family suspects foul play
- KAROI POLICE, threw teargas into a Chiedza residential area bar, arrested 16 drinkers and dispersed Corona -virus lockdown violators
- NONSENSE!-ZIM PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA SAYS, Zimbabwe suffers from unwarranted interference and illegal sanctions imposed as punishment for reclaiming land
- UK had 77 Coronavirus Deaths in the last 24 Hours, Bringing total To 36,870 deaths
Gumbo died on Monday night after nearly a week at the United Bulawayo Hospitals where she was treated for injuries suffered in a car accident while going to Harare.
Her death was confirmed by Matabeleland North Minister of State Richard Moyo.
Gumbo, who was also the Zanu-PF women’s league secretary in Matabeleland North, one a hotly contested election in July last year, beating 11 other candidates.
She polled 7,875 votes, beating closest challenger Dalumuzi Khumalo of the MDC Alliance who polled 5,791 votes.
Gumbo’s death sets the stage for a bruising by-election battle between the main parties. – ZimLive