- NELSON CHAMISA'S CCC to boycott 2023 elections
- 11 CAR PILE UP at Coca-Cola Intersection Graniteside Harare
- KINGDOM HOTEL (African Sun Limited) Victoria Falls has announced it is shutting down in January 2022 after failing to agree on lease terms with First Capital Bank, owners of the property.
- 20 000 ZIMBABWE SCHOOL GIRLS fell pregnant between September last 2021 and August 2022
- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa and his VP Chiwenga will take home $69,2 million as their combined basic annual salaries in 2023,
Gumbo died on Monday night after nearly a week at the United Bulawayo Hospitals where she was treated for injuries suffered in a car accident while going to Harare.
Her death was confirmed by Matabeleland North Minister of State Richard Moyo.
Gumbo, who was also the Zanu-PF women’s league secretary in Matabeleland North, one a hotly contested election in July last year, beating 11 other candidates.
She polled 7,875 votes, beating closest challenger Dalumuzi Khumalo of the MDC Alliance who polled 5,791 votes.
Gumbo’s death sets the stage for a bruising by-election battle between the main parties. – ZimLive