- ‘Let down by the system’: 6stone, severely ill emaciated man deemed fit for work by Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), dies
- CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, PEACEFULLY SHUT DOWN ZIMBABWE and make it an ungovernable nation for President Emmerson Mnangagwa (76).
- ACCIDENT: 11 KILLED IN EASTER MONDAY ACCIDENT near Headlands as Sungano Yevapositori were travelling from their annual passover worship
- 'GENEVA. – DRAMATIC RISE TO 700% MEASLES IN AFRICA in the first three months of 2019' – World Health Organisation (WHO)
- PHOTOS: 'THANK YOU MNANGAGWA, Just out of courtesy, this is what US $1 Million looks like'- Wicknell Chivayo pictured with US$1 million in cash.
Gumbo died on Monday night after nearly a week at the United Bulawayo Hospitals where she was treated for injuries suffered in a car accident while going to Harare.
Her death was confirmed by Matabeleland North Minister of State Richard Moyo.
Gumbo, who was also the Zanu-PF women’s league secretary in Matabeleland North, one a hotly contested election in July last year, beating 11 other candidates.
She polled 7,875 votes, beating closest challenger Dalumuzi Khumalo of the MDC Alliance who polled 5,791 votes.
Gumbo’s death sets the stage for a bruising by-election battle between the main parties. – ZimLive