- THE LANDS MINISTER PERRANCE SHIRI HAS REDUCED farm sizes for all individual farms in Zimbabwe’s five ecological regions.
- EUROPEAN UNION (EU) removes sanctions on VP Chiwenga, General Sibanda, Grace Mugabe and Shiri, not President Mnangagwa!
- A FIREFIGHTER KILLED himself while on duty in West Midlands, at Wolverhampton Fire Station, where he had been on duty on the night shift.
- A TSHOVA MBAIWA commuter Omnibus fell off Khami Road bridge Bulawayo onto a railway line below, in the early hours on Monday
- GREAT ZIMBABWE RUINS HAVE NO MOTAR yet a Nkayi bridge across Tohwe River has succumbed to heavy floods that swept the area recently.
Gumbo died on Monday night after nearly a week at the United Bulawayo Hospitals where she was treated for injuries suffered in a car accident while going to Harare.
Her death was confirmed by Matabeleland North Minister of State Richard Moyo.
Gumbo, who was also the Zanu-PF women’s league secretary in Matabeleland North, one a hotly contested election in July last year, beating 11 other candidates.
She polled 7,875 votes, beating closest challenger Dalumuzi Khumalo of the MDC Alliance who polled 5,791 votes.
Gumbo’s death sets the stage for a bruising by-election battle between the main parties. – ZimLive