- 13 MDC Members arrested while guarding Sikhala's house in anticipation of ZANU PF youths invasion of the house
- 'Government to bring in new emergency powers to stop corona virus spread, as, across the UK, there have been 20 positive tests'.
- AXE weilding Chiweshe woman, (37) of Chiweshe allegedly killed her husband over the paternity of their two month old baby on February 24
- "Ginimbi" Kadungure, has offered a $400 000 monthly out-of-court settlement deal with (Zimra) to clear over $3,4 million tax liabilities.
- South Korea has 17 dead, 594 new corona cases in one day, now 2,931 cases, and the highest number of confirmed cases outside China, where the outbreak started.
Masuku was sounded with 18 other party members on Saturday.
Provincial chairperson, Dennis Ndlovu said the suspension were not a war or a move to target certain individuals within the party.
He said they are cleaning the party from within and defending it from anything that could threaten its unity.
“As a province we are not targeting anybody but people are targeting themselves.
“As party members we should be in a position to defend the party, therefore as a provincial chairperson I can’t just sit back while my own members attend an illegal meeting addressed by someone who was expelled by the party. We are not blaming them for attending but we are saying that if they were sincere they should have defended the party at that said meeting,” said Cde Ndlovu.
“No one is bigger than the party, if you do something that we feel is against the principles then you are subject to appear before a disciplinary committee, a crime is a crime hence Cde Masuku cannot be exempted”
Ndlovu said the disciplinary hearings will start on Monday.
Source: Sunday News