- BREAKING NEWS: -Foreign Affairs and International Trade Minister Sibusiso Moyo (SB) has died from covid and 52 people died from covid in the last 24 hours.
- ZIMBABWE RECORDED 60 COVID deaths in the last 24 hours and the capital city, Harare had the highest number with 36 deaths
- A ZIMBABWEAN WOMAN (48) WHO ASSISTED HER BOYFRIEND (36) to rape their 13-year-old daughter, was yesterday granted bail along with her lover by the Bulawayo High Court.
- KOMBO MOYANA , ZIMBABWE'S first black central bank governor Kombo James Moyana has died from covid.Moyana, who was at the helm of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe between 1983 and 1993, succumbed to Covid-19.
- UK CORONAVIRUS DEATHS-Nearly 96,000 deaths registered by 8 January 2021.
The party said it knows what this means as it has experienced the brutality of the army on unarmed civilians to support a political party.
“Chiwenga confirms that he leads armed supporters of a political party and not men and women who must not only guarantee every citizen’s security but also the right to choose a political path and destiny of his/her own,” said the party in a statement.
“The Bulawayo province of Zapu deplores the army’s mingling in politics to protect a political party that has administered the collapse of our industry. We refuse to be intimidated by the military that is protecting individuals who are looting the resources to enrich themselves. We have no respect of an army that threatens the entire population to safeguard individual greed. We are tired of living under fear as not so long ago we witnessed Chiwenga’s men the Gukurahundi committing genocide in the interest of a political party.”
Zapu said it is indeed shocking that the general has no feeling for thousands of young people who have been forced to leave the country because they are desperate.
“They see no future at all in their own country. Despite the peace that prevails with not a single political party plotting any form of violence Chiwenga threatens militarily political opposition. This is to instill fear in the minds of the electorate. The people will not be brutalised for ever. God forbid,” Zapu said. Source: Byo24News