- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
- EBOLA , (BSE)/mad cow disease, now Corona Virus from Covid affecting the whole globe-source meat..hmn-
The party said it knows what this means as it has experienced the brutality of the army on unarmed civilians to support a political party.
“Chiwenga confirms that he leads armed supporters of a political party and not men and women who must not only guarantee every citizen’s security but also the right to choose a political path and destiny of his/her own,” said the party in a statement.
“The Bulawayo province of Zapu deplores the army’s mingling in politics to protect a political party that has administered the collapse of our industry. We refuse to be intimidated by the military that is protecting individuals who are looting the resources to enrich themselves. We have no respect of an army that threatens the entire population to safeguard individual greed. We are tired of living under fear as not so long ago we witnessed Chiwenga’s men the Gukurahundi committing genocide in the interest of a political party.”
Zapu said it is indeed shocking that the general has no feeling for thousands of young people who have been forced to leave the country because they are desperate.
“They see no future at all in their own country. Despite the peace that prevails with not a single political party plotting any form of violence Chiwenga threatens militarily political opposition. This is to instill fear in the minds of the electorate. The people will not be brutalised for ever. God forbid,” Zapu said. Source: Byo24News