- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
A 45-year-old man from Zhombe has been slapped with a 20-year jail sentence after he raped his 12-year-old daughter while his wife was away.
The man (name withheld) from Gweru Village under Chief Samambwa in Zhombe appeared before Gokwe regional magistrate Mr Amos Mbobo facing rape charges.
He pleaded not guilty but was, however, convicted after a contested trial and sentenced to an effective 20 years.
In passing the sentence Mr Mbobo said the cases of involving rape were on the increase and the court does not condone rape especially from relatives considering that the children look up to them for protection.
The State’s case was that on 8 August this year, the man found his three daughters working in the fields and asked the other two to go fetch firewood from the nearby bush and he was left with the complainant.
The court heard that the man forced the juvenile to bend over and he raped her once before he was caught in the act by a neighbour, Trust Zvidzai who reported the matter to the village head.
The matter was then reported to the police leading to the man’s arrest. source-sundaynews
Mr Robert Ndlala appeared for the State. – See more at: