- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA SAYS Zanu-PF will not cease to resist opposition or yield to unwelcome demands or planned demonstrations on 31 July which he said are meant to destabilise the Zimbabwe.
- Disco queen, Patricia Majalisa, the Akulalwa Ziyawa hit maker a darling of Zimbabwe and Botswana, has died.
A 45-year-old man from Zhombe has been slapped with a 20-year jail sentence after he raped his 12-year-old daughter while his wife was away.
The man (name withheld) from Gweru Village under Chief Samambwa in Zhombe appeared before Gokwe regional magistrate Mr Amos Mbobo facing rape charges.
He pleaded not guilty but was, however, convicted after a contested trial and sentenced to an effective 20 years.
In passing the sentence Mr Mbobo said the cases of involving rape were on the increase and the court does not condone rape especially from relatives considering that the children look up to them for protection.
The State’s case was that on 8 August this year, the man found his three daughters working in the fields and asked the other two to go fetch firewood from the nearby bush and he was left with the complainant.
The court heard that the man forced the juvenile to bend over and he raped her once before he was caught in the act by a neighbour, Trust Zvidzai who reported the matter to the village head.
The matter was then reported to the police leading to the man’s arrest. source-sundaynews
Mr Robert Ndlala appeared for the State. – See more at: