- ACCIDENT-5DEAD, 11 injured in kombi crash after the driver lost control near Morgenster Mission Hospital Wednesday morning.
- NEWSDAY INTERVIEW WITH 'AIPPA/ POSA ARCHITECT self-exiled Jonathan Moyo, attempting to appear the victim of a coup that never was'
- MAN DETAINED, several people injured after a stabbing at London Bridge and armed police opening fire on a man following the incident on Friday afternoon just before 2pm.
- The Zimbabwe Hospital Doctors Association and the Senior Hospital Doctors Association have rejected the 48 hours moratorium to return to work.
- DISMISSED DOCTORS HAVE 48 HOURS TO RETURN TO WORK, without reapplying or being asked many questions according to President Mnangagwa
A 45-year-old man from Zhombe has been slapped with a 20-year jail sentence after he raped his 12-year-old daughter while his wife was away.
The man (name withheld) from Gweru Village under Chief Samambwa in Zhombe appeared before Gokwe regional magistrate Mr Amos Mbobo facing rape charges.
He pleaded not guilty but was, however, convicted after a contested trial and sentenced to an effective 20 years.
In passing the sentence Mr Mbobo said the cases of involving rape were on the increase and the court does not condone rape especially from relatives considering that the children look up to them for protection.
The State’s case was that on 8 August this year, the man found his three daughters working in the fields and asked the other two to go fetch firewood from the nearby bush and he was left with the complainant.
The court heard that the man forced the juvenile to bend over and he raped her once before he was caught in the act by a neighbour, Trust Zvidzai who reported the matter to the village head.
The matter was then reported to the police leading to the man’s arrest. source-sundaynews
Mr Robert Ndlala appeared for the State. – See more at: