- POLITICS IS A DIRTY GAME: HERO TO ZERO IN 37 YEARS: Independence 18 April 1980- Coup on 14 November 2017
- SUSPENDED (ZINARA CEO Engineer Nancy Masiyiwa-Chamisa and finance director Taranhike fired, for alleged gross incompetence and abuse of office.
- (RBZ) orders banks to freeze all accounts belonging to, Kudakwashe Tagwirei a.k.a 'Queen Bee's Sakunda Holdings, Sakunda Holdings sister companies; Access Finance, Spartan Security and Croco Motors,
- SHEFFIELD CLIMATE CHANGE PROTEST: brought city to a standstill as children lobby the government and people over the destruction of the climate,
- UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE 2019 class of graduating medical students to boycott their graduation due to be capped by President Mnangagwa.
Zimbabwe’s soccer governing body, ZIFA, has been dissolved with immediate effect and life bans on two former officials have been issued.
The association reached the decision today at its EGM in Mount Hampden.
The association will essentially not exist anymore and is set to be replaced by a new body, which will be formed under a new name. Indications are the new name might be FAZI.
The move is meant to enable the embattled association to start afresh with a better image and without carrying anymore debt.
ZIFA president Philip Chiyangwa is set to hold a similar position in the new association.
ZIFA’s debt stood at over $5 million.
The life bans were handed to former ZIFA CEO Henrietta Rushwaya and Jonathan Musavengana.
The pair were banned for their involvement in the match fixing scandal that rocked local football just before the Warriors AFCON qualifier against Swaziland.
Matches at the CHAN 2016 tournament are alleged to have been fixed as well.
Edzai Kasinauyo, Ian Gorowa and Nation Dube who were all implicated in the scandal were also handed bans.
Kasinauyo and Gorowa were handed 10 year bans from football while Dube received a five year ban. The bans will need further endorsement from FIFA to have a global effect.
By Thobekile Zhou .Source: Byo24News