- ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according to Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
- 2 Student nurses in a unit for the mentally infirm, jailed for stoning and filming distressed patients on their mobiles
- GOVERNMENT DISMISSES EX-VP MPHOKO'S US$300 000 in pension benefits claim as the Public Service Commission (PSC) says Mphoko will only be paid his pension in local currency ZWL$ and should not expect any other benefits.
- MARRY CHIWENGA SPILLS THE BEANS: VICE PRESIDENT CHIWENGA'S ESTRANGED WIFE , Marry, jells court that the retired army general harbours an ambition to take over the presidency and Chiwenga registered all assets in his relatives’ names in an effort to avoid sanctions that were imposed on him by the United States government.
- TWO TONNES- 92 BAGS/ 2 tonnes of mbanje/ cannabis/ wacky tobacco/ weed found at Forbes Border Post in a truck from Malawi, driver fled
Government yesterday reportedly conducted a second post-mortem on Higher Education minister Jonathan Moyo’s daughter, Zanele, after the family expressed reservations over the first autopsy conducted by South African authorities, whose results have not yet been released.
Close family sources said the second autopsy was done yesterday by a government pathologist under the close supervision of the police.
“After the professor (Moyo) had briefed the family upon his arrival with the body from South Africa, it was felt that a second autopsy be done here so that a second opinion is received to determine what really happened and the report is not yet out,” the source said.
Jonathan Moyo. Source: newsday