- Zimbabwe is experiencing a new beginning aimed at achieving political and economic gain. The media are powerful growth accelerators if handled correctly and we the media have the power to bring positive change
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) has appointed Ms Faith Mazani as its new Commissioner-General with effect from 1 February 2018
- "MDC T being the largest opposition must lead by example in picking a leader. As per MDC T Constitution elect leaders at Congress and not handpick them?'-Temba Mliswa
- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
ZIMBABWE Electoral Commission (Zec) acting chairperson Emmanuel Magade yesterday conceded that the target to register 7 million people before 2018 general elections was “extravagantly ambitious” with only 4 879 482 registered so far in a population of 15 million people with, between 50 and 55% under 18 years old and and ineligible to register.
In the extended voter registration Bulawayo has been given only 59 mobile centres and 5 static ones, Harare 56 mobile centres and 13 static, Manicaland 233 mobile centres and 8 static, Mashonaland Central 214 mobile and nine static, Mashonaland East 432 mobile and 10 static, Mashonaland West 337 mobile and eight static, Masvingo 333 mobile and 8 static, Matabeleland North 393 mobile and8 static, Matabeleland South 390 mobile centres and 8 static, while Midlands has 402 mobile centres and 8 static. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya