- ZNA Brighton Matura murdered his girlfriend Fungayi Tendayi and shot himself to death on Wednesday morning at Nyimo shopping centre in Sanyati.
- TWO MURDER ACCUSED INDIVIDUALS INCLUDING THE son of former Midlands Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya, Foster, died in a car crash on Wednesday night along the Gweru-Mvuma Road in an accident that also claimed the life of a popular Gweru gold baron who was awaiting trial for murder.
- JUST LIKE AT TSVANGIRAI'S FUNREAL IN 2018, TEMPERS ONCE AGAIN FLARED up from he rowdy, violent MDC youth in Gutu, when Khuphe, arrived to pay her last respects to the MDC Alliance leader Nelson Chamisa was burying his late mother in Gutu on Tuesday.
- THE RULING PARTY ZANU-PF YESTERDAY SAID IT WOULD DEAL HARSHLY WITH THE PLANNED PROTESTS AGAINST PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA'S government on July 31, evoking memories of killings by the army of civilians in 2018 and January last year. "To Chamisa, we say don't be a coward, you are always never found in front. If you do whatever you are threatening, come to front and face the risks," Chinamasa challenged
- FOUR PRISONERS AND ONE PRISON OFFICER at Bulawayo Prison have tested positive for Covid-19 , visitors banned countrywide, with immediate effect .
The Health Services Board (HSB) has said that the Zimbabwe .government has started sending unemployed nurses to various work stations across the country
This exercise marks the beginning of a phased
nursing programme that will be carried out in three batches.
The first group of nurses deployex into this programme started work earlier on in April 2017.
The ensuing nurse group will start work in July 2017 while the final group will be dispatched in September 2017,.
The Zimbabwe government froze the recruitment of all nurses back in 2011 causing a shocking patient ratio estimated currently to be an average1,2 per 1 000 patients particularly in rural areas..
TWhile an estimated 3 500 nurses are unemployed because of the nurse employment freeze, the Zimbabwe government, the government admits that a total of 8000 nurses need to be recruited in order to fill the gap. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya.