- It is reported that Movement for Democratic Change (MDC T) treasurer, former Chimanimani member of parliament Roy Bennett and his wife‚ Heather‚ died today in a helicopter crash in Canada.
- The coup, named Operation Restore Legacy, was about keeping the Joint Operation Command Junta in power at all cost
- At least 30 senior police police officers from rank of Senior Assistant Commissioners who were seen as aligned to deposed former President Robert Mugabe have been dismissed.
- 'Mugabe fall is a step forward and, Mnangagwa and Chiwenga onto presidency is a thousand steps backwards' -online petition to have Mnangagwa and Chiwenga indicted at the International Criminal Court (ICC) for human rights abuses
- BOND NOTES WILL STAY in circulation, Finance and Economic Planning Minister Patrick Chinamasa, people say 'NO diaspora votes, no elections, else we become an African sh*thole country !
ZPP bemoans govt failure to ratify International Convention of all Persons against Enforced Disappearance
Zimbabwe Peace Project has bemoaned government’s failure to ratify the international Convention of all Persons against Enforced Disappearances.
On August 30 the world commemorated the UN International Day of the victims of enforced disappearances.
In Zimbabwe Paul Chizuze and Itai Dzamara since February 2012 and March 2015 are still unaccounted for and it seems the government is not moved by this state of affairs.
“The Zimbabwean government has still not ratified the International Convention of all Persons against Enforced Disappearances and with the 2018 elections on the horizon and the many conflicts within and across political parties there is a risk more citizens could meet this fate,” said ZPP.
“Information contained herein is based on reports from ZPP long-term community based human rights monitors, who observe and record cases of human rights violations in the constituencies they reside. ZPP deploys a total of 420 community based primary peace monitors (two per each of the 210 electoral constituencies of Zimbabwe).”
ZPP said the monitors compile reports that are handed over to ZPP Coordinators who man the different ZPP regional offices in the ten administrative provinces of Zimbabwe.
Upon receipt and verification of the reports from the monitors, the Coordinators compile provincial monthly monitoring reports, which are then consolidated at the national office into the ZPP Monthly Monitoring Report.
This report contains some of the violations recorded by ZPP, the organisation has a data base with the rest of the injustices and gladly shares it with interested stakeholders. Stephen Jakes