- ESTRANGED WIFE OF BRIG GEN MUTISI , ex Zim Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) audit executive Dr Cleopatra Mutisi is facing murder charges
- AT LEAST SIX BILLS, lapsed after the august House failed to debate and pass them and dozed off during the First Session of the Ninth Parliament.
- MDC SEEKS HIGH COURT ORDER TO INTERDICT Home Affairs minister Mathema, Police Com-Gen Matanga and Officer Commanding Police Harare Central District from threatening the MDC party’s employees and interfering with the MDC business at Morgan Richard Tsvangirai House in Harare.
- DOCTORS AGAINST CONTROVERSIAL CORONERS OFFICE BILL AS IT VIOLATES their independence of conducting post-mortems without duress, ministerial directives and gives room to false reports
- TENDA BUS SERVICE OWNER, ERNEST MUNGWARI (72) arrested on allegations of obstructing the police and Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials from confiscating goods smuggled into the country.
On Wednesday morning at about 7AM, pupils and teachers at Mbuyazwe High School in Umguza district, just outside Bulawayo, saw smoke billowing from the girls’ hostel and the alarm was raised
for the building to be evacuated.
Sadly, the Bulawayo Fire Brigade dashed to the scene but nothing could be saved from the inferno, which ranks as the fifth major fire in Zimbabwe in a short space of just seven days as the country continues to burn in what is now seen as inexplicable by some, superatural by others and just a spate of bad luck by others.
The headmaster has indicated that , most of the students at the low cost boarding school come from deprived back grounds and have lost personal items including, clothing, uniforms, food and learning resources and the school has to send the children back home, because the kids have lost except waht they were wearing at the time of the fire. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya.