- Schools, polytechs, universities face closure due to stunted skill development, institutional infrastructure development
- SUSPENDED head of ZBC radio Robson Mhandu leaves as ZBC CEO Adelaide Chikunguru resigns.
- MNANGAGWA aborts landing, Vic Falls airport closed, VP Chiwenga rushed by security back to hotel as Zimbabwe declares heightened alert
- 'PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA fires Air Force commander Ellison Moyo'
- NELSON CHAMISA denies involvement with new political movement
On Wednesday morning at about 7AM, pupils and teachers at Mbuyazwe High School in Umguza district, just outside Bulawayo, saw smoke billowing from the girls’ hostel and the alarm was raised
for the building to be evacuated.
Sadly, the Bulawayo Fire Brigade dashed to the scene but nothing could be saved from the inferno, which ranks as the fifth major fire in Zimbabwe in a short space of just seven days as the country continues to burn in what is now seen as inexplicable by some, superatural by others and just a spate of bad luck by others.
The headmaster has indicated that , most of the students at the low cost boarding school come from deprived back grounds and have lost personal items including, clothing, uniforms, food and learning resources and the school has to send the children back home, because the kids have lost except waht they were wearing at the time of the fire. More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya.