- FULL ONSLAUGHT ATTACK ON THE ELECTORATE BY MNANGAGWA Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats- wake up Zimbabwe!
- 'Mdc T Obert Gutu allegedly threatens to derail the much touted about MDC Alliance by contesting Biti's Harare East constituency'
- Police have blocked today's MDC Alliance rally in Harare's Glenview suburb meant to launch opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai's campaign as leader of the MDC Alliance ahead of elections due in five months
- Zacc gives the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA)a docket alleging abuse of office and obstruction of the course of justice by ex VP Phelekezela Mphoko while he was still in government
- At least ten burnt to death in crash after kombi driver fell asleep at the wheel near the 25km peg along Mvurwi - Guruve highway this morning
ZIMBABWE now holds a total of 19 000 prison inmates in facilities designed for only 17 000 inmates leading to failure by the government to feed the prisoners. According to the government , each prisoner should get a basic food budget US$3 per month, yet the government cannot afford to cover that cost.
Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services (ZPCS) needs to feed and clothe the 19 000 inmates at a cost of US$28million per year but the government only allocated it with meagre US$2, 800 000 for this and typical of the heartless mugabe Zanu Pf regime with total disregard for human life, only US$399 000 was allocated toward drugs and medical expenses where $399 000 was allocated for medical expenses for inmates when actually US$4, 635 500 is needed, hence the ZPCS heavily owes hospitals for health care given to prisoners. This is how bad the situation is for prisoners in Zimbabwe, who are basically locked up to starve to death.
Maybe things will improve in prisons when fired Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa joins them in their ‘luxurious’ five star jail facilities to experience what they are going through. No wonder he fled the country, he knew exactly how inhumane the prison conditions were as Justice Minister for Zimbabwe yet he did nothing except prop up Mugabe, Zim1 family, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats and sign the death warrants for many executed prisoners and eliminated politicians and activists,..now he feels what they have lived through all the years under his presumably untouchable position,..DISCUSS! More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya