- ZIMBABWE IS COMPLETELY IGNORANT over transgender issues according to - transgender activist - Nathanson who was forced me out of Zim due to harassment
- AN ARMED ROBBER, ONE of a 5-men gang that robbed and murdered a woman in Gokwe was shot and killed by police at a road block early Saturday morning along the Harare-Chirundu Highway.
- Ex president Mphoko sues his former lawyer and MDC VP Prof Welshman Ncube over $1.4m, trust funds relating to the sale of Choppies shares
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW, Norton MP Temba Mliswa and staff forcefully ejected from Karoi Country Club by war veterans.
- EX South Africa President Jacob Zuma is currently in Cuba seeking treatment for a memory loss illness linked to an alleged poison plot from 2014.
ZIMBABWE now holds a total of 19 000 prison inmates in facilities designed for only 17 000 inmates leading to failure by the government to feed the prisoners. According to the government , each prisoner should get a basic food budget US$3 per month, yet the government cannot afford to cover that cost.
Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services (ZPCS) needs to feed and clothe the 19 000 inmates at a cost of US$28million per year but the government only allocated it with meagre US$2, 800 000 for this and typical of the heartless mugabe Zanu Pf regime with total disregard for human life, only US$399 000 was allocated toward drugs and medical expenses where $399 000 was allocated for medical expenses for inmates when actually US$4, 635 500 is needed, hence the ZPCS heavily owes hospitals for health care given to prisoners. This is how bad the situation is for prisoners in Zimbabwe, who are basically locked up to starve to death.
Maybe things will improve in prisons when fired Vice President Emmerson Mnangagwa joins them in their ‘luxurious’ five star jail facilities to experience what they are going through. No wonder he fled the country, he knew exactly how inhumane the prison conditions were as Justice Minister for Zimbabwe yet he did nothing except prop up Mugabe, Zim1 family, Zanu pf stalwarts and securocrats and sign the death warrants for many executed prisoners and eliminated politicians and activists,..now he feels what they have lived through all the years under his presumably untouchable position,..DISCUSS! More news to follow. By Sibusiso Ngwenya