- Starving Beitbridge doctor, begs for food.
- FULL TEXT: 'I AM SORRY FOR WORKING with ZANU PF' former Deputy Minister in the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development, Gandawa apologises I
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADERSHIP DECISION TO EXPELL Nelson Chamisa from the party , means Chamisa cannot compete for MDC leadership at extraordinary congress scheduled for 31 July 2020
- Ex (Zimra) officer Nyatoti US$150 000 mansion and US$10 000 car forfeited to the State after he and his divorced wife failed to explain how they could afford these property.
- MDC-T INTERIM LEADER DR THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS DISMISSED NELSON CHAMISA from the opposition party for defying a court ruling that nullified his leadership of the party and ordered that the organisation reverts to its 2014 structures.
Zimbabwe has not yet been able to pay its 2015 annual subscription to the AU although President Robert Mugabe is the current chairman of the organisation.
Nor can it pay its rent at most of its 45 missions around the world and it has not paid its foreign staff for much of this year, according to the parliamentary portfolio committee on foreign affairs, which this week heard reports of the sorry state of Zimbabwe’s diplomatic debts.
David Hamadziripi, acting secretary for foreign affairs, told the committee his ministry needed more then R600 million to settle debts at its missions around the world.
“All rented premises are in arrears, with a number of missions in receipt of eviction notices.
“Our officials are regularly summoned by the ministries of foreign affairs in host countries to explain issues relating to default in payment of rent and other obligations,” he told the committee this week.
Zimbabwe has reduced its foreign missions over the years and insiders say it is set to cut more as there is no indication that the economy will improve.