- 'WIFI FOR GOATS, sphaghetti roads 40 min flight to Harare yet MDC local roads are a mess under illegitimate MDC president Chamisa'-VP Chiwenga
- PARLIAMENT business ground to an abrupt halt yesterday after MDC MPs were evicted from Harare hotel rooms to pave way for Zanu PF delegates booked in the same facilities for the duration of their party conference in Goromonzi, 32km south-east of the capital.
- 'ILLEGITIMATE President Mnangagwa has removed Chief Ndiweni, blocked his allowances and ordered that his vehicle must be withdrawn from him as he is not the legitimate Chief'
- Members of the Zimbabwe Republic Police are reported to have gone on the rampage as randomly assaulting the public in Harare on Thursday night Human Rights Lawyer Douglas Coltart has reported.
- Faced with food shortage, drugs and medical and psychiatric doctors, Ingutsheni mental health hospital in Bulawayo will tomorrow get an early Christimas after a group of well-wishers promised to donate goods to the institution.
Zimbabwe may have lost millions of dollars in unpaid duty through a fine-tuned vehicle smuggling scheme operated at some of its ports, Southern Eye has learnt.
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) officials, working hand in glove with some unscrupulous shipping agents or third parties, are believed to be behind the scheme whose epicentre was at Beitbridge, the country and region’s busiest port.
Zimra has identified 433 vehicles suspected to have been smuggled into the country and has invited their respective owners to the taxman’s offices for a verification exercise.
Top-of-the range vehicles that include, Toyota Landcruisers, BMWs, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Toyota Hilux, Toyota Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Toyota Fortuner, Range Rovers, Isuzu, Landrover Discovery, Ford Ranger and Audi are dominating the hit list.
Others are, Nissan X trail, Honda Fit, Toyota Runx, VW, Honda Airwave, Volvo, Toyota Allion and trailers.