- 'IT WILL BE MANDATORY FOR newly qualified teachers to know at least four of the 16 Zimbabwe’s official languages'-Professor Amon Murwira
- ' MDC protests were banned, because of MDC-Alliance’s incitement of violence and contraband of catapults and stones'-Sibusiso Moyo
- MDC PLEADS WITH International community to haul Mnangagwa to the ICC over human rights abuses
- Kambarami abducted ,dreadlocks shaved off with glass, MDC chair Tabitha and 7 others arrested, ex VP, Mphoko fled Zacc at high speed, Ndiweni jailed 18 months
- MDC chair Khumalo, Senator Zivira and six other party activists to appear in court today for accusing Mnangagwa of stealing the 30 July 2018 elections.
The duty free allowance of US$300 per person granted on goods imported by travellers for their personal use no longer includes cooking oil, laundry bar soap, beds and mattresses, flour, maize meal, sugar, meat, fish, powdered milk, yoghurts, cheese, eggs, corn puffs, jam and honey. The complete list of goods that are excluded is now as follows:
goods which are incorrectly declared;
goods which are imported for resale or commercial purposes;
alcoholic beverages in excess of five litres per traveller of which two litres may be spirits,
goods which are imported by any member of the crew of an aircraft, ship or vehicle arriving from outside Zimbabwe;
stoves, refrigerators, and blankets;
cooking oil and laundry bar soap;
beds and mattresses;
flour, maize meal, sugar, meat, fish, powdered milk, yoghurts, cheese, eggs, corn puffs, jam and honey.
This implies that the importation of such goods will attract duty despite the fact that the value might be within the duty free allowance of US$300.
ZIMRA, therefore, urges its clients to take note of this latest development in order to avoid any inconveniences at ports of entry.
Paying duties and taxes on time and in full builds and dignifies Zimbabwe!
Commissioner General -Public Notice
Public Notice No. 21 of 2015- See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com