- THE CATFIGHTS BETWEEN FORMER CELEBRITY COUPLE Tytan Skhokho and Olinda Chapel eascalated yesterday in a public spat that left social media in meltdown.
- NATIONAL EMERGENCY AS CHINA SENDS 'BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS', basically an army of at least 100,000 ducks 4,827 kilometres (nearly 3,000 miles) from the eastern province of Zhejiang to Pakistan, which shares a border with the Xinjiang province. to fight locust infestation that poses a threat to regional food security.
- MALAWI PARLIAMENT ENDORSES the Cannabis Regulation Bill which allows for the farming of the three leaf herb for medicinal purposes.
- A POTENTIALLY HABITABLE EXOPLANET, K2-18b , MORE THAN DOUBLE THE size of Earth, which 'could be habitable' has just been identified.
- 'MDC-Alliance terror activist arrested in UK over a December 2019 video encouraging people to burn down service stations and businesses in Harare that he released.'
The duty free allowance of US$300 per person granted on goods imported by travellers for their personal use no longer includes cooking oil, laundry bar soap, beds and mattresses, flour, maize meal, sugar, meat, fish, powdered milk, yoghurts, cheese, eggs, corn puffs, jam and honey. The complete list of goods that are excluded is now as follows:
goods which are incorrectly declared;
goods which are imported for resale or commercial purposes;
alcoholic beverages in excess of five litres per traveller of which two litres may be spirits,
goods which are imported by any member of the crew of an aircraft, ship or vehicle arriving from outside Zimbabwe;
stoves, refrigerators, and blankets;
cooking oil and laundry bar soap;
beds and mattresses;
flour, maize meal, sugar, meat, fish, powdered milk, yoghurts, cheese, eggs, corn puffs, jam and honey.
This implies that the importation of such goods will attract duty despite the fact that the value might be within the duty free allowance of US$300.
ZIMRA, therefore, urges its clients to take note of this latest development in order to avoid any inconveniences at ports of entry.
Paying duties and taxes on time and in full builds and dignifies Zimbabwe!
Commissioner General -Public Notice
Public Notice No. 21 of 2015- See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com