- COMMAND HEALTH:President Mnangagwa has appointed RTD Gen VP Chiwenga as Minister of Health and Childcare with immediate effect.
- 'OFFENCE-DRIVING WHILE BLACK'- UK COPS STOP BLACK PLAYER for driving posh car
- ZANU PF Secretary for Administration Obert Mpofu who had said, "Hashtags come and go, but ZANU PF (@ZANUPF_Official) endures beyond the trending. Actually, we are the trend-setter. Above all, #ZimbabweanLivesMatter in the heart of ZANU PF's existence. This will remain beyond the trending."
- BEITBRIDGE Border Post closed yesterday after 5 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) employees, tested positive for COVID-19
- MNANGAGWA'S NEPHEW, ZANU PF Harare South MP Tongai Mnangagwa tests Covid-19 positive
Where importers used to spend at least $6 000, they now need $400 more.
A ZIMRA official at Beitbridge Border Post said the changes sought to ensure uniformity in terms of duty paid for various vehicles at all border posts. However, the percentages upon which import duty was calculated remained unchanged.
Under the current import duty schedule, buses with a carrying capacity of 26 passengers and above pay 40 percent, double cab trucks 60 percent, and passenger motor vehicles of engine capacity below 1500cc attract duty of 40 percent.
Those vehicles with engines above 1500cc are charged 86 percent duty inclusive of VAT and Surtax.
Car dealers and clearing agents have lambasted ZIMRA for imposing the new values without prior notifications or consultations. Source: the herald