- AN army camp commandant, Luxwell Ngara (51) responsible for the maintenance of the Defence House, arrested by Zacc charged with fraud.
- HARARE COUNCIL failing to provide clean water to the residents suspends three senior water engineers
- NONE OF THE 21 AFRICAN leaders invited to the UK-Africa Investment Summit raised a finger over non invitation of Mnangagwa to the event.
- ZANU PF Mash Central Tracy Mudimu says the machete gangs wrecking havoc at Jumbo mine are an MDC project
- 'AN IMMUNE cell which kills most cancers has been discovered by accident by British scientists, in a major breakthrough in treatment'.
This follows South African Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa’s visit this week to the troubled mountain kingdom after being dispatched there by President Jacob Zuma‚ the chairman of SADC’s peace and security organ.
The SA Presidency said Mr Zuma had “become more concerned about the apparent explosive security situation” there following the “flight of the three opposition leaders and the killing of Maaparankoe Mahao‚ former commander of the Lesotho Defence Force”.
Mr Ramaphosa reported on Wednesday that “Mosisili has requested that the SADC should assist with the investigation into the death of Lt-Gen Mahao‚ as well as to assist with the pathology examination around his death”.
“South Africa will be sending pathologists to do the examination and other countries in the region, Zimbabwe and Namibia, will be sending investigators to investigate the circumstances around Lt-Gen Mahao’s death.”
Mr Ramaphosa said he also “took the opportunity to meet other stakeholders … parties in the opposition‚ we met the churches‚ we met the non-governmental organisations and also His Majesty King Letsie III”.
“And no doubt everyone is very concerned about the passing of Lt-Gen Mahao … It is this that has prompted the leaders in the region to call a summit of the Double Troika‚” said Mr Ramaphosa.
“And I am sure that out of that discussion will come suggestions‚ proposals and solutions of how to take matters forward here in Lesotho.”
Source: RDM News Wire