- 'COURT UPHOLDS charges against this flag Mawarire, trade unionists Mutasa and Moyo, of trying to subvert a constitutionally elected government'
- SADC REGION DECLARE 25 th October as solidarity day against sanctions on Zimbabwe , and war vets recommend anti-sanctions holiday on 25 th October
- ' A BULAWAYO TOUT (33) KILLED his cousin (40) with an iron bar and broomstick then reported to police that he had found him dead.'
- ZANU PF dep youth league leader Matutu says Prof Moyo has lost relevance and is a useless and permanent fugitive.
- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
This follows South African Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa’s visit this week to the troubled mountain kingdom after being dispatched there by President Jacob Zuma‚ the chairman of SADC’s peace and security organ.
The SA Presidency said Mr Zuma had “become more concerned about the apparent explosive security situation” there following the “flight of the three opposition leaders and the killing of Maaparankoe Mahao‚ former commander of the Lesotho Defence Force”.
Mr Ramaphosa reported on Wednesday that “Mosisili has requested that the SADC should assist with the investigation into the death of Lt-Gen Mahao‚ as well as to assist with the pathology examination around his death”.
“South Africa will be sending pathologists to do the examination and other countries in the region, Zimbabwe and Namibia, will be sending investigators to investigate the circumstances around Lt-Gen Mahao’s death.”
Mr Ramaphosa said he also “took the opportunity to meet other stakeholders … parties in the opposition‚ we met the churches‚ we met the non-governmental organisations and also His Majesty King Letsie III”.
“And no doubt everyone is very concerned about the passing of Lt-Gen Mahao … It is this that has prompted the leaders in the region to call a summit of the Double Troika‚” said Mr Ramaphosa.
“And I am sure that out of that discussion will come suggestions‚ proposals and solutions of how to take matters forward here in Lesotho.”
Source: RDM News Wire