- 25 DEAD, 60 INJURED AFTER GUNMEN OPENED FIRE ON AN IRANIAN MILITARY PARADE- Gunmen have opened fire on an Iranian military parade in the south-western city of Ahvaz, killing at least 25 people, including civilians, and injuring 60, state media say
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER NELSON CHAMISA has ordered Victoria Falls mayor Somvelo Dhlamini to step down.
- ZIMBABWE CIRCUS CONTINUES AS the Ambrose Mutinhiri-led National Patriotic Front has disbanded and its officials are rejoining Zanu-PF after realising that the events that led to the removal of the Robert Mugabe-led government in November last year were in the best interests of the country.
- VICE PRESIDENT RTD GEN CHIWENGA advised to sieze total Zimbabwe power at all costs amid reported growing suspicion by his personal military advisor and confidant, exiled and fallen Ethiopian autarch, Mengistu Haile Mariam,
- 'ACCIDENT: A Guruve bound, Mhofu kombi reportedly overturned in Guruve and six people died this morning at about 8am'
Zimbabwe has the highest condom usage in the world and this has contributed to a reduction in HIV infections, the state-run National Aids Council (NAC) has revealed.
According to News24, NAC’s Director of Monitoring and Evaluating, Amon Mpofu, said according to the latest data indicated that Zimbabwe now tops in terms of condom usage with over 109 million condoms distributed in 2014 alone.
Data was collected in partnership with the United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA).
“We are the highest consumers of condoms in the world currently, that is why we have realised a reduction in HIV infection rates. We had 104 million male condoms and 5.2 million female condoms distributed in 2014 alone,” he said.
Mpofu also encouraged Zimbabwean men to go for HIV/Aids screenings, insisting that “a recent study has also revealed that most men in this country are afraid to go for HIV testing”.
The reduction in infection rate is good news for Zimbabwe, with just over 1.4 million people who are now living with the virus