- Basic Instructions Before leaving Earth (Bible 37) ROMANS 2 God's righteous judgement
- MDC SG Mwonzora has declared all suspensions and expulsions made ahead of MDC's May elective congress null and void.
- Chivayo absolved by court of any criminal liability in the US$5,6 million fraud charge involving Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC)’s Gwanda solar project.
- CHOLERA FEARS, no clean water stagnant water, not draining, decomposing bodies floating in Manicaland
- Whole village, police station and government complex at Rusitu in Chimanimani swept away by cyclone floods, many dead, several missing.
Zimbabwe has the highest condom usage in the world and this has contributed to a reduction in HIV infections, the state-run National Aids Council (NAC) has revealed.
According to News24, NAC’s Director of Monitoring and Evaluating, Amon Mpofu, said according to the latest data indicated that Zimbabwe now tops in terms of condom usage with over 109 million condoms distributed in 2014 alone.
Data was collected in partnership with the United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA).
“We are the highest consumers of condoms in the world currently, that is why we have realised a reduction in HIV infection rates. We had 104 million male condoms and 5.2 million female condoms distributed in 2014 alone,” he said.
Mpofu also encouraged Zimbabwean men to go for HIV/Aids screenings, insisting that “a recent study has also revealed that most men in this country are afraid to go for HIV testing”.
The reduction in infection rate is good news for Zimbabwe, with just over 1.4 million people who are now living with the virus