- ZIMBABWE WOMEN-WAKE UP!-photos here depict reality in Zimbabwe's society.
- PROMINENT Bulawayo cultural activist, Peter Zwide Kalanga Khumalo, was unveiled as King Nyamande Lobengula II
- Morgan Tsvangirai’s mother caused a scene at Robert Mugabe Square in Harare yesterday when she refused to disembark from the hearse carrying her son’s body at a send-off ceremony for MDC-T party supporters.
- MDC-T leader Mr Morgan Tsvangirai’s widow, Ms Elizabeth Macheka, did not accompany her husband’s body to Buhera for burial as pressure mounted on her from the Tsvangirai family that she should not attend the funeral.
- 'FOWL PLAY-Why did the chicken cross the road?'-UK fast food giant KFC has been forced to close 600 of its 900 branches
Zimbabwe has the highest condom usage in the world and this has contributed to a reduction in HIV infections, the state-run National Aids Council (NAC) has revealed.
According to News24, NAC’s Director of Monitoring and Evaluating, Amon Mpofu, said according to the latest data indicated that Zimbabwe now tops in terms of condom usage with over 109 million condoms distributed in 2014 alone.
Data was collected in partnership with the United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA).
“We are the highest consumers of condoms in the world currently, that is why we have realised a reduction in HIV infection rates. We had 104 million male condoms and 5.2 million female condoms distributed in 2014 alone,” he said.
Mpofu also encouraged Zimbabwean men to go for HIV/Aids screenings, insisting that “a recent study has also revealed that most men in this country are afraid to go for HIV testing”.
The reduction in infection rate is good news for Zimbabwe, with just over 1.4 million people who are now living with the virus