- UK coronavirus: record daily death toll of 938 in 24 hrs, as PM Johnson faces a 4th night in an Intensive Care Unit in Hospital
- 'HOLDERS OF IMMIGRATION PERMITS AND VISAS which expire during the Corona virus lockdown can continue to stay'- Ministry of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage said Statutory Instrument 83 of 2020
- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
Zimbabwe has the highest condom usage in the world and this has contributed to a reduction in HIV infections, the state-run National Aids Council (NAC) has revealed.
According to News24, NAC’s Director of Monitoring and Evaluating, Amon Mpofu, said according to the latest data indicated that Zimbabwe now tops in terms of condom usage with over 109 million condoms distributed in 2014 alone.
Data was collected in partnership with the United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA).
“We are the highest consumers of condoms in the world currently, that is why we have realised a reduction in HIV infection rates. We had 104 million male condoms and 5.2 million female condoms distributed in 2014 alone,” he said.
Mpofu also encouraged Zimbabwean men to go for HIV/Aids screenings, insisting that “a recent study has also revealed that most men in this country are afraid to go for HIV testing”.
The reduction in infection rate is good news for Zimbabwe, with just over 1.4 million people who are now living with the virus