- PRESIDENT BIDEN IS BOOSTING U.S. troops in Europe because of Russia's war in Ukraine
- CITIZENS Coalition for Change CCC activists Joanah Mamombe and Cecilia Chimbiri, who are accused of faking their abductions,
- CHINA HAS DONATED the recently completed new US$100 million Parliament Building in Mt Hampden Harare to Zimbabwe to boost friendship and solidarity between the two countries.
- A MOTHER 31, STEP FATHER 40 AND TEENAGER 14, have been given life sentences for murdering five-year-old Logan Mwangi and dumping his body in a river.
- BREAKING:Cotton Company of Zimbabwe (Cottco) bosses arrested
VICE President Phelekezela Mphoko yesterday laid into MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai, calling on Zimbabweans not to be swayed by a man who cannot even decide on one woman to settle with.
“That man had a wife. After her death, he started behaving like a dog on heat and would chase after every woman promising that one day he would occupy the highest office.
“He can’t make a choice, he doesn’t have a decision but just hops from one woman to another,” the Vice President told villagers in Kopa, Bubi district, ahead of the Ward 15 by-election on Saturday. Mphoko said only the ruling Zanu-PF party can carry the aspirations of the people. Zimbabweans should not be misled by retrogressive forces, he added.
“Can we say that’s a leader? No! He has no dignity.” He called on the villagers to rally behind Zanu-PF candidate Meluleki Sibanda, who is contesting an independent candidate. “I heard that you’re contesting with an independent,” he said to Sibanda.
“I want you all to know that Sibanda is contesting a shadow. You don’t need a sangoma, this thing is straight-forward. You know what to do and this man will work for you and champion your aspirations. If you vote for a shadow, you’ll live in darkness.”
VP Mphoko promised that the government would attend to the food and water shortages affecting the area. “There’s nothing without a solution, all the solutions are in Zanu-PF. Don’t be misled by other people, follow the proper route, forget those who want to mislead you,” he said.
Meanwhile, Mphoko donated four tonnes of rice to be distributed to families in the ward. “We brought you food, we brought you rice, your leadership will distribute the rice among you so that you cook for your children. Don’t be afraid to approach me, I’m in the office of the President, I don’t have an office, the President is the one who deploys me and says go there,” he said.
“If there’s something that you want, approach me and air your grievances. We’re here to serve you.” The rally was also attended by the Zanu-PF Bubi legislator and Minister of State in Vice president Emmerson Mnangagwa’s office Clifford Sibanda, Zanu-PF Matabeleland North provincial chairperson Richard Moyo, party provincial women’s league chairperson and Senator Medeline Bhebhe among other party officials.