- ONE OF THE BEST players in N.B.A. history, Star Kobe Bryant 41 , and his daughter Gianna died in a helicopter crash near Calabasas, Calif on Sunday.
- 15 TONNE, 40ft long whale carcass washed ashore from the Gulf of Thailand in Samut Prakan, 30km south of Bangkok.
- Riot police deployed in Hong Kong as coronavirus death toll rises to 81 while 73 people in UK tested and will be confirmed in the UK in the next few weeks.
- EX Harare Town Clerk Mushore believes , exiled ex minister Kasukuwere deserves government farm seizure his Concorpia Farm in Mazowe, Mashonaland Central.
- POLICE STILL SEARCHING FOR NJUBE High School science teacher Brian Mutsiba who allegedly incited 153 pupils pupils to demonstrate in Njube suburb and protest against teachers abandonment of lessons due to poor salaries and increase in fees last Monday, is still on the run.
Police statistics indicate that 122 accidents were recorded yesterday as compared to 89 during the Christmas Day in 2017.
11 of the accidents that occurred yesterday were fatal and claimed 12 lives and left 63 people injured.
The figures show an increase to last year’s statistics.
ZRP Spokesperson, Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said most of the accidents can be attributed to human error and could have been avoided.
“The major causes of these accidents were speeding, inattention, misjudgement, Reversing errors and failure to observe road rules and regulations,” he said.
Assistant Commissioner Nyathi urged drivers to travel at safe speeds and consider the condition of the road and safety of other road users.
He also urged drivers to desist from taking drugs and alcohol when driving.