- BETWEEN 50 000 AND 100 000 ZIMBABWEANS WILL DIE OF CORONAVIRUS in the next months, Bulawayo Mpilo Clinical Director Solwayo Ngwenya has foretold.
- INFORMATION MINISTRY PERMANANT SECRETARY NICK MANGWANA has hinted at a total lockdown of Harare and Bulawayo following a spike in Covid-19 positive cases in the two cities.
- A SENIOR Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Bulawayo, manager died on Sunday after being diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- MDC ALLIANCE LEADER, NELSON CHAMISA IN media backlash after addressing his inaugural e-rally using Shona language and failing to be inclusive. on Sunday.
- A POLICE OFFICER , Constable Cosmas Kwangwari, based at Chivhu Police Station died on the spot on Friday after he was run over by a haulage truck which had six passengers on board and was evading a roadblock at the 136-kilometre peg along the Harare-Masvingo Highway.ble
Soon after Zimbabweans, held a powerful MDC T, ‘Mother Of All Demonstrations’ in Harare, in protest against against the continuously deteriorating economy under the despot Mugabe, Zim1 family, Zanu PF stalwarts and Securocrats, Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime has gone ahead to announce a fuel price increase.
Zimbabwe’s Petrol and diesel prices have gone up from US$1,19 and USc94 respectively, to US$1,27 and US$1,09 per litre.
Fuel prices in Zimbabwe are generally much higher than average Southern Africa’s regional fuel price averages, forcing more suffering upon an already destitute nation, as public transport, food prices and import costs generally all subsequently increase in tandem with fuel price rises .
This will of not affect the filthy rich, corrupt US$ multibillionaires Mugabe, Zim1 Family, Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats who rarely need local services as they hide all their proceeds of crime in the far east and in offshore accounts. In other words, in their books, this is a non event.
COUNTRY PRICES PER LITRE OF FUEL ARE AS FOLLOWS PETROL DIESEL
Zambia, US 89 cents US 77 cents
Mozambique US$ 1,04 US 81cents
Malawi US$1,13 US$1,16
Botswana US 75cents US 71 cents
Zimbabwe US$1,27 US$1,09
By Sibusiso Ngwenya