- MDC-T S-G MWONZORA locked up the party’s headquarters yesterday, following a Court ruling that declared Dr Thokozani Khupe the legitimate leader of the opposition and that the party should go back to its 2014 structures before calling for a congress in 90 days.
- CONSTITUTIONAL COURT STRIPS PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA OF POWERS to appoint and remove the Vice Presidents after it delivered a landmark ruling wherein it declared as unconstitutional the legality of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment (No.1) Act
- CORONAVIRUS: Chinhoyi Provincial Hospital nurses recently fled after 2 suspected Covid-19 cases in fear of infection due to lack of protective clothing.
- 'CORONAVIRUS UK: UK COULD BE COMPENSATED AS MUCH AS £351billion by China after more than one million people globally, has cost the G7 group of nations including the UK, US and Japan a huge £3.2 trillion'
- 46 AFRICAN STATES HAVE REPORTED 9 198 positive cases and 414 deaths, besides SA and Egypt all reported over 100 cases
Soon after Zimbabweans, held a powerful MDC T, ‘Mother Of All Demonstrations’ in Harare, in protest against against the continuously deteriorating economy under the despot Mugabe, Zim1 family, Zanu PF stalwarts and Securocrats, Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime has gone ahead to announce a fuel price increase.
Zimbabwe’s Petrol and diesel prices have gone up from US$1,19 and USc94 respectively, to US$1,27 and US$1,09 per litre.
Fuel prices in Zimbabwe are generally much higher than average Southern Africa’s regional fuel price averages, forcing more suffering upon an already destitute nation, as public transport, food prices and import costs generally all subsequently increase in tandem with fuel price rises .
This will of not affect the filthy rich, corrupt US$ multibillionaires Mugabe, Zim1 Family, Zanu PF stalwarts and securocrats who rarely need local services as they hide all their proceeds of crime in the far east and in offshore accounts. In other words, in their books, this is a non event.
COUNTRY PRICES PER LITRE OF FUEL ARE AS FOLLOWS PETROL DIESEL
Zambia, US 89 cents US 77 cents
Mozambique US$ 1,04 US 81cents
Malawi US$1,13 US$1,16
Botswana US 75cents US 71 cents
Zimbabwe US$1,27 US$1,09
By Sibusiso Ngwenya