- Johanne Masowe eChishanu apostolic sect leader Edward Manyara (67) has died in an accident at Maplanka area, along the Harare-Bulawayo Highway.
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA APPOINTS two new Permanent Secretaries, Engineer Silibaziso Chizwina and Dr John Basera
- ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, carer who did not call for help and left 89 year old pensioner to die alone because she feared deportation has been jailed 33 months.
- Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) identifies 433 vehicles (unpaid duty) in unscrupulous shipping agents or third parties scam
- Opposition Zimbabwe Development Party (ZDP) party president Kisinoti Mukwazhe (49) died last night at Karanda Mission Hospital after a short illness.
A Zimbabwean, political analyst Rejoice Ngwenya claims that genuine political figures who can feature in the final 2018 presidential list, are the largest opposition Movement For Democratic Change (MDC-T ) Leader Richard Morgan Tsvangirai, the Movement For Democratic Change (MDC) leader Welshman Ncube, Zimbabwe African People’s Union (Zapu) leader Dumiso Dabengwa, People’s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Tendai Biti and Mavambo/Kusile/ Dawn leader Simba Makoni, while discarding Zimbabwe’s dismissed, former Vice President Joice Mujuru as a staunch Zanu PF figure only out to misinform the public into believing she has jumped ship
Rejoice Ngwenya who identifies as a liberal democrat , claims that he firmly believes in electoral and parliamentary democracy, unlike the not the Zanu PF regime’s model.
In his view, Mugabe’s Zanu PF regime is currently in full control of all Zimbabwe’s electoral institutions including the Zanu PF partisan (Registrar General) Tobaiwa Mudede in charge of running the highly flawed electoral Roll, whilst the same time he will be accountable to the partisan,Zanu PF appointed Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) chief, Rita Makarau
At the same time the State broadcaster – Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC) , a Zanu PF propaganda channel, the partisan security forces including Zimbabwe National Army (ZNA), Airforce Of Zimbabwe (AFZ), Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP), Zimbabwe Prison Services (ZPS) and all accompanying Zanu PF militia wings, will be in place in 2018.
Most government Ministers, Permanent Secretaries, Speaker of Parliament ,Heads of Constitutional and Supreme Courts, Provincial and District Administrators, chiefs and Headmen are all are Zanu PF.
Ultimately, Rejoice Ngwenya , asks a highly pertinent question, which is that, from 1965 to 1979 during the war of independance from white colonial rule by the Ian Smith Regime, how much electoral reforms did the people manage to push through and by that same token, are, the current crop of opposition party leaders claiming that they will only participate in elections if there is reform and can we genuinely achieve such, within the remaining two years before the 2018 ballot?
That being the case, to the discerning eye, the real question on everyone’s lips, is that, ‘Are Zimbabwe’s key opposition figures, Welshman Ncube, Morgan Tsvangirai, Tendai Biti, Dumiso Dabengwa and Simba Makoni after elections or rather in pursuit of political power?’ By Sibusiso Ngwenya. source-byo24