- STATE PENSION AGE SET TO RISE to 68 in Treasury’s ‘big bazooka’ cash grab
- CASH STRAPPED ZIMBABWE GOVERNMENT suspected to be readying for money printing as govt turns to Treasury bills, bonds
- YEAR 5 STUDENT DOCTOR 27 at Mpilo Central Hospital, heavily assaulted 2 men he busted having sex with his pregnant lover at a city lodge and flat respectively.
- SICK AND TIRED OF BEING BROKE AND HUNGRY , Zimbabwean, 30 hangs himself in Ditladi village Botswana.
- SANCTIONS ON ZIMBABWE exacerbate the challenges that SA have regards to unemployment and health services,-President Ramaphosa.
It was allegedly discovered that one of his cars was fraudulently registered after he was involved in an accident in Harare.
According to the Standard, Pasi was driving a 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser when he was involved in the accident in the Newlands area and police discovered that it was registered as a Toyota Raum, a budget car. He was suspended by the Willia Bonyongwe-led Zimra board on Friday together with five other senior executive managers – Sithokozile Mrewa (human resources director), Annah Mutombodzi (customs and exercise commissioner), Tjiyapo Velempini (ICT director), Clive Majengwa (internal audit director ) and Charlton Chihuri (loss control director).
Bonyongwe said the six had been sent on forced paid leave to allow for investigations into an alleged car importation racket.
Said a source : “Pasi was involved in an accident with his Toyota Land Cruiser, registration number ADS 6890 at the Newlands roundabout on April 27.
“The matter was reported to Highlands police station but handled by the Mabvuku traffic police.
“But investigations by Central Intelligence Organisation officers later showed that the car was registered as a Toyota Raum”.
Several former Zimra employees and others allegedly acted as clearing agents to fleece the State of millions of dollars in an importation scandal. Source: The Standard