- FORMER, ZANU PF, NATIONAL SECRETARY FOR ADMINISTRATION, Didymus Mutasa (84) bounces back into Zanu-PF
- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
- 400 ELEPHANTS FOUND DEAD, 800 TUSKS LYING UNGUARDED AND POACHING FEARS, after Hundreds of elephants have mysteriously died over the past two months in Botswana, from a possible disease or toxin in the area in the Okavango Delta by conservationists, with fears more could die from a possible disease or toxin in the area. Botswana has the largest population of elephants in Africa, around one-third of all elephants on the continent.
- OPPOSITION NELSON CHAMISA MDC ALLIANCE 'S Mberengwa North constituency co-ordinating committee secretary, Trinos Chinyoka (46), who had been missing for three days, died on Saturday after falling into an uncovered disused gold mine shaft at night at Chabudapasi Gold Mine near Yorkes business centre but was only found after searching for three days.
TROUBLE continues to haunt Zanu PF activist Acie Lumumba after his company’s business account was garnished by the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) over non- payment of taxes since 2010.
In a letter dated April 15, Zimra wrote to Lumumba asking him to provide details of his tax payments from 2010 and declare all outstanding taxes which he had not paid for the past five years.
Part of the letter read: “Note that you are also given the opportunity to voluntarily disclose any outstanding taxes that you have become aware of and pay accordingly.”
Lumumba told NewsDay over the weekend that before he could respond to the letter, Zimra went ahead and garnished his business account.
“They only delivered a backdated letter, so they garnished my bank accounts by default one day before we pay salaries. What type of a corrupt system holds a country hostage?” he queried.
Lumumba owns Meat Box, which reportedly employs more than 200 workers, whom he said could not get their April salaries following the garnishee order.
Lumumba, who recently claimed his Hatfield house was broken into, blames his woes on Indeginisation minister Patrick Zhuwao, who fired him hardly a week after appointing him chairman of the Zimbabwe Youth Empowerment committee over misappropriation of funds recently.
He has accused Zhuwao of using powerful friends to try and silence him after he threatened to expose the minister’s alleged financial shenanigans at the ministry.
But Zhuwao denied allegations of corruption which were levelled against him by Lumumba.By Blessed Mhlanga. Source-newsday