- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
Acting President Phelekezela Mphoko has said the impoverished Matabeleland South is Zimbabwe Revenue Authority’s cash cow as it collects a cool $2m daily.
The money is collected at Beitbridge border post but the funds are used to develop other areas.
In Matabeleland North there’s drought and people are suffering while Matabeleland South has since become Zimbabwe Revenue Authority’s cash cow. Zimra collects about $2 million per day through Beitbridge border post but there’s little to show for the revenue generated,” said Mphoko in Masvingo.
Over the years thet has been an outcry over marginalization of Matabeleland with resources exploited but used to develop other provinces.
Beitbridge Border Post handles more than 3 500 vehicles and 9 000 people daily with the numbers soaring to 25 000 during peak periods such as Easter and Christmas holidays.
Its strategic importance to the regional road transport system cannot be overemphasised as it is the gateway to Zambia, Malawi and the Democratic Republic of Congo which heavily rely on South Africa for national supplies. by Thobekile Zhou. Source: Byo24News