- 'Mnangagwa must just look around himself for corrupt people and criminals who occupy public office'-Chamisa
- ZAPU LEADER DUMISO DABENGWA who was treated in South Africa early this year, was see in a wheelchair at Joshua Mqabuko International Airport
- Four ambulances attended as 19 people were injured in a three kombis pile up near Bulawayo Entumbane Shopping Complex yesterday.
- JOHANE MARANGE APOSTOLIC sect members forcibly remove the seriously wounded kombi driver from hospital. He drove the kombi involved in the accident that claimed 13 lives in Macheke.
- CLIMATE AND POLLUTION DISASTERS: DURBAN KZN FLOODING in South Africa, 32 dead, soon after cyclone IDAI in Mozambique and Zimbabwe, see also online photos of plastic pollution on Durban beachfront
ZIMRA RAIDS Prophet Walter Magaya and Chiyangwa raided by Zimra in crackdown on unexplained wealth and lifestyle audit operation,
The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority raided maverick businessman Philip Chiyangwa over the crackdown on unexplained wealth and lifestyle audit operation, it has been reported.
Sources close to the investigation confirmed that ZIMRA pounced on Chiyangwa on Friday evening.
“Yes it is true that mkoma Chiyangwa has been raided by ZIMRA. They said they are doing a lifestyle audit on rich people to force them to disclose their source of wealth and to ascertain whether they conform to the tax laws of the country.” The source said.
Chiyangwa is known for bragging about his wealth.
Last week ZIMRA raided self-styled Prophet Walter Magaya under the same operation of life audit.
Recently President Emmerson Mnangagwa gazetted Statutory Instrument 246 of 2018 which forces wealth people to explain their wealth or risk it being converted for public use.
“People should be able to explain their wealth. Failure should be assumed to mean it’s ill-gotten and is seized and converted to public use. This will enhance public confidence and kill apathy creeping in and dampening public morale due to lack of convictions,” Mnangagwa said.
The move has been welcomed by Zimbabweans who are itching for the wealthy ZANU PF Bosses to be brought to book for alleged using corrupt tendencies to enrich themselves at the expense of the populace.
Source – Byo24News