- Coltart says Mnangagwa's intensifying of crackdown against the opposition, use of brute force to crush people's dissent indicates gvt fear of the new wave
- SA nurse shouted 'close your legs and sit down,this is not Zim!' Zim gave birth standing up at Mamelodi Hospital SA, baby fell and died
- BREAKING NEWS: EX ZBC JOURNALIST, Godfrey Majonga (62) the Danhiko project deputy director and chairperson for the Danhiko Paralympic Game has died.
- HOME OFFICE outsourcing immigration services to allegedly ‘exploitative' Dubai-based firm VFS' must be reviewed, say MPs and lawyers.
- Four children aged 9-16 have gone missing in Bulawayo Sauerstown and Old Pumula surburbs since July 2019
SHURUGWI Town Council at one time diverted road funds to pay salaries, a situation that must never be repeated, Zimbabwe National Road Authority chairman, Albert Mugabe, has revealed.
Mugabe said local authorities should desist from abusing the Zinara funds but instead work hard to make sure the road network is maintained.
“At one time Shurugwi Town Council diverted Zinara funds towards payment of salaries and this must never be repeated,” Mugabe told a Zinara meeting in Gweru this Wednesday.
Mugabe said rural and urban local authorities in the Midlands province received US$2,4 million from the beginning of the year towards road maintenance.
He however lamented the lack of accountability on the part of local authorities in using the funds.
“From the start of the year to date the province received $2,468 million towards road maintenance but some local authorities are letting us down through poor workmanship and failure to account for the funds,” said Mugabe.
Mugabe said Zinara would soon roll out a programme for councils to get road construction equipment.
NewZimbabwe.com recently revealed that workers at Shurugwi Town Council have gone for five months without being paid with the local authority using funds to buy luxury vehicles for managers. source-newzimbabwe