- CORONAVIRUS: NEWYORK, 7,000 dead, with 153,000 cases, more coronavirus cases than any country, starts using mass graves amid outbreak
- COVID -19-ZIM EXCHANGE RATE : EXPECTED TO BE 1 US$- ZWL$100 (used tissue) by end of 2020, everyone a millionaire, again-DISCUSS!
- (WHO) says suggestions that Covid-19 vaccine tests should be done in Africa is “racist” and a hangover of “colonial mentality”.
- ZIMBABWE MILITARY SPLASHED MILLIONS ON murky weapons deals since Independence on 18 April 1980 to date to acquire military hardware.
- CORONA LOCKDOWN: Zim nonsense, as 21 day lockdown was eased to allow farmers to sell produce at the markets starting Tuesday.
ZINARA lays off 250 employees, while another 96 terminations are currently being processed according Zinara board chair, Michael Madana
Speaking to the ZBC News, Zinara’s Acting Chief Executive Officer, Engineer Moses Chigonyati said the institution is restructuring in a bid to meet the stipulated 2.5 percent from all revenue collected as mandated by the Roads Act.
“The Roads Act administration costs should be 2.5 percent of all revenue collected and we are currently using five percent after the Minister approved the excess expenditure and we now need to restructure and meet the stipulated costs,” he said.
Zinara board chair, Michael Madana said the workforce is bloated and that many contracts expiring will not be renewed.
“Zinara employs 650 workers at the moment, and there is a need to reduce it to 450 because the workforce is bloated. Contracts that will be expiring soon in some areas will be not renewed,” said the board chair.Meanwhile, the board chair and the Acting CEO professed ignorance of an offer letter dated January 10, circulating on social media believed to have originated from Zinara written on the institution’s letterhead.
The offer letter for a tolling cashier post which indicated that the basic salary was pegged at $6 240 while the housing allowance was pegged at $660 raised concerns with citizens on social media.
“I have no knowledge of the letter and where it was generated to speak on it or comment but if you are saying the amount in question is in the district of $6 000 it could be the gross income,” said Madana.
Madana, however, said a general manager with the institution is getting paid around $20 000 but could not give the exact figure while Chigonyati refused to comment on the matter indicating that it was a private matter as the employers and organisation had signed non-disclosure agreements. zbc-
WELCOME EVERYONE: 288,008 MEMBERS, A Quarter of a million members, thank you for the fast growth, participation and continuous encouragement to others to join the group, and engage other progressive minded people in respectful and inclusive debate focused on information dissemination in issues that directly affect the ordinary person including human rights, good governance, accountability, transparency, housing, employment, development, girl child, equality, gender, peace, climate change, pollution, youth, freedom and more issues that directly affect the ordinary person. Information dissemination empowers the readers so that they are better placed to make well informed decisions and choices such as voting. Please feel free to add and encourage others to join.
INFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b ‘
or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows:
1) Zimbabwe Global News 288,008 Members
2) Newzimbabwevision.com website 24,542 people like this and 24,580 people follow this
Followed by 12,817