- TWENTY-SEVEN MBT TRANSPORT BUS passengers heading for Beitbridge were early yesterday robbed of thousands of dollars in money and valuables by three gunmen, just after the Lutumba tollgate along the Beitbridge-Masvingo highway approximately 20 kilometres before Beitbridge border town.
- MDC vice-chair Sikhala has threatened to initiate constitutional processes to push out Mnangagwa's government from power as the economic turmoil and deteriorating social and political space in Zimbabwe could not be allowed to continue.
- SIX Mutoko parents and teachers were arrested on Thursday for staging a protest against the deterioration of standards in the education sector
- 'A Twin Farm , Dromoland, Zimbabwe farmer has been arrested for shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property'
- AN Inyathi farmer of Twin Farm in Dromoland, Zimbabwe has been arrested on charges of shooting and injuring his two neighbours for trespassing into his property
Several months after journalist and activist, Itai Dzamara was abducted by suspected CIO, he is still missing, his where abouts or what subsequently transpired since then is unknown.
The Zimbabwe government, has so far failed to institute any credible efforts in conducting any search efforts for him.
It goes without saying that Zimbabwe’s government are heartless as, literally overnight since the passing away of Zanele, who is minister Jonathan Moyo’s daughter, the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) CID Homicide unit has so far conducted a second post mortem.
The ZRP has also tasked a three man team which includes Chief Superintendent Nyaradzai Majachani and Chief Superintendent Tachiona to conduct a separate investigation into the girl’s death to establish the circumstances and cause of death.
A preliminary report of the investigations is expected to be released by the investigations team on 29th October 2015- Friday.
It is evident that when the state choose to come on board any issue, there is commitment towards reaching a credible finding through investigations. The state has failed to do the same for Itai Dzamara.
It is such a sad development, that they would not do such for Itai Dzamara, who is arguably, an icon of defiance to Mugabe’s oppressive authority, but will readily throw state resources and time into dealing with a case involving a family member of one of the Zanu PF stalwarts,..in this case Jonathan Moyo. This is a two faced approach by the Zanu Pf regime,
I guess in Zimbabwe, we are all equal but some are more equal than others. by Sibusiso Ngwenya