- 113 PEOPLE including the bride and groom have died in a fire in North Iraq at a wedding celebration.
- A Gweru woman moves around waving a placard looking for a husband.
- Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda retires and is replaced by Mnangagwa's nephew Dr Martin Rushwaya as the new Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet.
- CHAMISA HAS SHOWN his true colours as an unashamed dictator, tribalist and the driver of the satanic and evil 1979 Shona Grand Plan by imposing Shona councillors and members of parliament in Matabeleland in general and Bulawayo in particular.
- Mauritius, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda and Mozambique have Elon Musk's Starlink satellite internet and Zimbabwe is set to get it first before South Africa. due to delays in licensing Starlink in South Africa.
AT LEAST 288 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED after at least two trains were involved in a crash in eastern India after a passenger train in India’s eastern Odisha state derailed and was struck by another oncoming train on an adjacent train track . which also hit a stationary freight train close by
It happened about 130 miles southwest of Kolkata, in Odisha’s Balasore district, at around 7pm local time on Friday.
It is the country’s deadliest rail accident in more than two decades.
Between 10 and 12 carriages of one train derailed and debris fell on a nearby track, said rail spokesperson Amitabh Sharma.
The debris was hit by another train coming from the opposite direction and up to three carriages from that train also derailed.
Fire services chief Sudhanshu Sarangi told the Press Trust of India that more than 850 people were injured – many of them seriously.
A third train carrying freight was also reportedly involved, but authorities have not yet confirmed it.
Rescuers were still trying to free hundreds of people feared trapped in carriages on Saturday morning, said Balasore authorities. news.sky. businessinsider