- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa appoints business associate John Mushayavanhu as new RBZ governor
- WESTERN DIPLOMATS call CHAMISA incompetent or a Zanu- PF front.
- ZEC removes CCC recalled MPs from ballot papers
- BREAKING NEWS: Passport-Free Travel Between Zimbabwe and Botswana using only national IDs for citizens of both countries
- ZIMBABWE BLOW as Britain scraps dependent visa for migrant workers
Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda retires and is replaced by Mnangagwa’s nephew Dr Martin Rushwaya as the new Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet.
Sibanda also worked in the same capacity under late former president Robert Mugabe. He retired after more than 20 years in the role.
Rushwaya has previously served government in various capacities, including as Midlands provincial administrator and Defence and War Veterans secretary from 2013 and was retained by Mnangagwa in September 2018, before reassignment in 2019.
He was co-chairman of the Zimbabwe-Mozambique Joint Permanent Commission on Defence and Security (JPCD)
Source – The Chronicle