- ZIMBABWEAN teen among 3 Bradford men found guilty of murder
- CHAMISA-led CCC loses by elections appeal.
- BREAKING NEWS; CCC SEC GEN Sengezo Tahabangu wins recalls court case
- GOSPEL musician Ivy Kombo and husband Admire Chasi trial
- US$100Million luxury apartments in Borrowdale West to be named after Mnangagwa.
The Harare manager shot a man in the head in a drunken bar row, a court heard on Monday.Service manager Leonard Dahwa, 54, was denied bail by Harare magistrate Taurai Manuwere after he was charged with attempted murder. He was remanded in custody to October 12.The National Prosecuting Authority said Dahwa and victim Wellington Mavaza, 28, were drinking beer at Nyangani Nightclub in Warren Park 1 on September 21 when Mavaza had a misunderstanding with the bar lady.Dahwa, the court heard, intervened in support of the bar lady leading to a harsh exchange of words with Mavaza.Dahwa allegedly left the bar temporarily and went to his Mitsubishi Colt where he fetched his licenced FN Browning pistol.He returned and “fired three shots towards Mavaza.” A bullet went through the back of Mavaza’s head and came out through the cheek. After the shooting, Dahwa got in his vehicle and drove off, the court heard.Investigators later recovered the gun used in the shooting.Prosecutors opposed bail, arguing that Dahwa was a flight risk. The court heard that he tried to flee when detectives went to arrest him.Mavaza is reportedly in critical condition in hospital.Source – zimlive