- Schools, polytechs, universities face closure due to stunted skill development, institutional infrastructure development
- SUSPENDED head of ZBC radio Robson Mhandu leaves as ZBC CEO Adelaide Chikunguru resigns.
- MNANGAGWA aborts landing, Vic Falls airport closed, VP Chiwenga rushed by security back to hotel as Zimbabwe declares heightened alert
- 'PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA fires Air Force commander Ellison Moyo'
- NELSON CHAMISA denies involvement with new political movement
President Mnangagwa gives Justice Priscilla Chigumba 6 more years as Zimbabwe, Election Council ( ZEC) chair
Justice Priscilla Chigumba was on Thursday re-appointed as Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) chairperson on a six-year contract set to take effect on February 1.
“I am pleased to advise that His Excellency the President of the Republic of Zimbabwe Comrade Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa has, in terms of section 238(5) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe (No.20) Act 2013 re-appointed you as the chairperson of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission for six years with effect from 1 February 2024,” chief secretary to the President and cabinet Martin Rushwaya wrote in a letter to Chigumba.
Chigumba, first appointed to the post in 2018, has presided over two harmonized elections and with this new contract will conduct the 2028 cycle.
Source – newsday