- SOUTH AFRICA Johannesburg mayor now understands why former Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe banned NGOs (Non Governmental Organisations)
- COP SAYS president Mnangagwa went up to grade 7 level and he will arrest ‘Zanu-PF supporters as they cause suffering, if they enter a police camp whilst wearing Zanu-PF regalia .
- NELSON CHAMISA says "Adopt a single African currency, a visa free Africa , build strong security, communication, media, economic and financial support systems and institutions"
- ZIMBABWE, which is under United States sanctions, receives 18 helicopters from a sanctioned Russian state entity, Rostec
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA MAY be impeached after Zimbabwe's general elections in August 2023.
‘ONCE AN ENEMY TO ZANU PF’, YOU ARE MARKED FOR LIFE, A LESSON WELL LEARNT BY GODWIN GOMWE WHO WAS RELEASED ON US$1 000, AND SWIFTLY REARRESTED ON SEPARATE CHARGES
Godwin Gomwe, the suspended Zanu PF youth chairperson, who has been in court on allegations of extortion, certainly breathed a deep sigh of relief when recently he was released on US$1, 000 bail with stringent attached conditions , which included , that he must reside at his house in Budiriro, and twice weekly report to a Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Station, surrender his passport to the clerk of court and should abstain completely from interfering with any individual associated with the case before the courts.
On trial, Godwin Gomwe and his alleged accomplices Fidelis Ndaradza, Haruwandi Munyaviri, Muchinerepi Mpindu, Humphrey Madenyika, Josephine Hadziende, Norah Torongo faced three counts of extortion involving $46 000, in which they
allegedly, successfully used, the President Robert Mugabe’s wife, First Lady Grace Mugabe’s name to demand protection fees from housing co-operatives in Harare.
Gomwe , is a man who, reportedly overstepped his bounds within his Zanu PF office as, he had infuriated senior Zanu PF stalwarts and as aresult, it came as no surprise when his new found freedom was short lived as he was immediately rearrested after his release on bail and sent back into custody on fresh charges of assault and contravening the Telecommunications Act.
That indeed has the hallmarks of Mugabe and his Zanu PF, who are well known for bringing down an individual and stripping him or her of everything, down to an ordinary street person or better yet, missing or dead and buried. Sibusiso Ngwenya.