- 'CHAMISA is responsible for opposition problems because of his alleged dictatorial style of leadership'
- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
The Zimbabwe Republic Police has been called to speedily investigate Zanu PF on source on funds used to procure over 350 top-of-the-range vehicles for the 2018 elections campaign.
About $10 million is said to have been used to buy the vehicles.
Opposition People’s Democratic Party secretary-general, Gorden Moyo said police have a duty to investigate.
“Zanu PF has gained its own peculiar reputation of dipping its hands in the national till, including stealing from itself. Its president has a very short moral height and the whole institution has no moral rectitude.
“It comes as no surprise to us that, while civil servants have no salaries and bonuses, Zanu PF is not embarrassed to display its excesses in Masvingo in the form of a primitive accumulation and gluttonous politics” he is quoted saying.
MDC-T spokesperson, Obert Gutu said the funds could be from illicit diamond sales
“It is clear that the vehicles that the party is purchasing are being funded from a shadowy source, most likely it’s coming from the proceeds of illicit diamond sales,”.
However, Zanu PF Secretary for Transport Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri says the party has been “working tirelessly to replace the fleet that was bought in 2008”.
Zanu PF took delivery of 45 vehicles and presented to President Robert Mugabe at the party headquarters in Harare on Wednesday.
Muchinguri-Kashiri said the rest of the vehicles will be delivered by March next year, 12 months before the crunch presidential elections. source-bulawayo24