- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa appoints business associate John Mushayavanhu as new RBZ governor
- WESTERN DIPLOMATS call CHAMISA incompetent or a Zanu- PF front.
- ZEC removes CCC recalled MPs from ballot papers
- BREAKING NEWS: Passport-Free Travel Between Zimbabwe and Botswana using only national IDs for citizens of both countries
- ZIMBABWE BLOW as Britain scraps dependent visa for migrant workers
Rugare Gumbo, a former Zanu PF stalwart, who was one of the first key figures to fall, in the ruthless Zanu PF purge of December 2014, has declared that Zanu PF can keep their heroes acre to themselves as long as they intend to to use the honour of burial at the heroes acre as symbolic of or a reward for loyalty to Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe.
Rugare Gumbo’s outburst was triggered by Mugabe and his Zanu PF’s failure to honour the late Zanu PF stalwart Amos Midzi, who died recently, and who was buried at Glen Forest Cemetery in Harare on Saturday.
Rugare Gumbo stated that he is not bothered about being denied a hero status as he owns his own land, thus has his own heroes acre, family and friends and did not participate in the armed struggle for heroes status but rather to free the people of Zimbabwe from colonial oppression. Sibusiso Ngwenya.