- SOUTH AFRICA Johannesburg mayor now understands why former Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe banned NGOs (Non Governmental Organisations)
- COP SAYS president Mnangagwa went up to grade 7 level and he will arrest ‘Zanu-PF supporters as they cause suffering, if they enter a police camp whilst wearing Zanu-PF regalia .
- NELSON CHAMISA says "Adopt a single African currency, a visa free Africa , build strong security, communication, media, economic and financial support systems and institutions"
- ZIMBABWE, which is under United States sanctions, receives 18 helicopters from a sanctioned Russian state entity, Rostec
- PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA MAY be impeached after Zimbabwe's general elections in August 2023.
‘Zifa Board Has Reinstated Pasuwa & Technical Team’-Chiyangwa
The voice of reason follows a public outcry, media frenzy and government pressure over the coach’s dismissal.
According to a statement issued by ZIFA board president Phillip Chiyangwa on the association’s website (www.zifa.org.zw.), Pasuwa has been reinstated as the Warriors coach after discussing with his vice-president Omega Sibanda and all the members of the executive committee.
The new CHAN camp will start on Sunday while normal training sessions are expected to start on Monday 21 December.
Pasuwa and his entire technical team were fired by Sibanda who convened a media briefing in the capital on Friday afternoon to announce the decision.
There was a media frenzy and public outcry over the decision by ZIFA to part ways with Pasuwa, prompting the Minister of Sport and Recreation Makhosini Hlongwane to order ZIFA to reinstate the coach immediately or face a ban.
Chiyangwa, who is on leave, dispatched ZIFA Executive committee member and High performance technical committee chairman Edzai Kasinauyo to meet Pasuwa this Saturday and find an amicable solution.
Kasinauyo engaged Pasuwa on the CHAN preparations at an undisclosed venue before Chiyangwa bowed down to public, media and government pressure and issued a statement announcing the coach’s reinstatement with immediate effect.
“I have conferred with the vice president Omega Sibanda and all members of the executive committee. We have agreed that in the interest of the nation and the beautiful game, coach Callisto Pasuwa and his entire technical team be reinstated with immediate effect,” said Chiyangwa.
He said differences are normal in any institution but it is imperative to solve them in an amicable manner.
Chiyangwa said Pasuwa is a very successful coach and undeniably one of the most qualified coaches in the country.
He said the association would inevitably render him the necessary support as he prepares for the 2016 CHAN finals.
The ZIFA president added the board is very confident that Pasuwa’s wonderful exploits would bring success and glory to the Zimbabwe football loving nation.
The Warriors will be hoping to better their previous exploits at the African Nations Championship where they finished fourth.
Zimbabwe were drawn in Group D alongside Zambia, Mali and Uganda Source: zbc