- 113 PEOPLE including the bride and groom have died in a fire in North Iraq at a wedding celebration.
- A Gweru woman moves around waving a placard looking for a husband.
- Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda retires and is replaced by Mnangagwa's nephew Dr Martin Rushwaya as the new Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet.
- CHAMISA HAS SHOWN his true colours as an unashamed dictator, tribalist and the driver of the satanic and evil 1979 Shona Grand Plan by imposing Shona councillors and members of parliament in Matabeleland in general and Bulawayo in particular.
- Mauritius, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda and Mozambique have Elon Musk's Starlink satellite internet and Zimbabwe is set to get it first before South Africa. due to delays in licensing Starlink in South Africa.
SG Douglas Mwonzora says ‘President moving congress dates can’t be true as it is not in accordance with MDC principal guiding manual’ adding disregard statements by MDC Spokesperson Jacob Mapfume
In a latest development, Mwonzora has written to all Provincial Chairpersons instructing them to disregard statements by MDC Spokesperson Jacob Mapfume who said the party’s elective congress has been postponed from March to between October and December next year.
Said Mwonzora, “I refer you to the matter in today’s Daily News under the Headline Dirty money ravages MDC. The article suggests that our elective congress which was scheduled for February 2019 has been moved to a later date in 2019.
“Please be advised that all communication regarding the holding of congress is the prerogative of the Secretary General s office and you must advise all our members in your jurisdiction to disregard any other communication being peddled as false and malicious.
“In terms of clause 3, 6,4 and 3,6,5 of the party’s Code of Conduct and Regulations Annexure B of the Constitution no single branch of the party can unilaterally change the dates of congress. Byo24