- Schools, polytechs, universities face closure due to stunted skill development, institutional infrastructure development
- SUSPENDED head of ZBC radio Robson Mhandu leaves as ZBC CEO Adelaide Chikunguru resigns.
- MNANGAGWA aborts landing, Vic Falls airport closed, VP Chiwenga rushed by security back to hotel as Zimbabwe declares heightened alert
- 'PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA fires Air Force commander Ellison Moyo'
- NELSON CHAMISA denies involvement with new political movement
The Zimbabwe Constitutional Court has outlawed the marriages of children before the age of 18 after some teenagers filed an application fought against the practice through the courts.
The teenagers represented by Tendai Biti filed an application seeking an order barring the marriage of children before they attain the age of 18.
Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights communications officer Kumbirai Mafunda posted on Face Book that the Zimbabwe’s Constitutional Court has outlawed marriages before one attains 18 years.
“Congratulations for the brave teenagers who fought such a practice. Congratulations too to my sahwira Tendai Biti for staging such a brave fight in defence of the girl child and women in Zimbabwe,” he said. – Source-ulawayo24