- Schools, polytechs, universities face closure due to stunted skill development, institutional infrastructure development
- SUSPENDED head of ZBC radio Robson Mhandu leaves as ZBC CEO Adelaide Chikunguru resigns.
- MNANGAGWA aborts landing, Vic Falls airport closed, VP Chiwenga rushed by security back to hotel as Zimbabwe declares heightened alert
- 'PRESIDENT MNANGAGWA fires Air Force commander Ellison Moyo'
- NELSON CHAMISA denies involvement with new political movement
Many people, mostly believed to be Malawians, in transit from South Africa, Johannesburg city to Malawi via Zimbabwe were reportedly, seriously injured in a bus accident, early yesterday around 2am.
The bus, Nyali Luxury Coaches on board which the injured were travelling, was involved in a side swipe incident with a Mazda 323 vehicle approximately 20 kilometres from Musina town along the along the N1 highway.
The Mazda 323 car, was heading in the opposite direction and the side swipe incident resulted in the bus swerving off the road and overturning, causing a partial road blockage of the, now , notoriously dangerous N1 highway.
The N1 highway is a high traffic transport vein for international road haulage and coach passengers as it links South Africa to Zimbabwe and other African countries bordering Zimbabwe.
The victims along with the bus driver, mainly suffered broken limbs and were rushed to Musina hospital where they received treatment. More news to follow.
photos-herald-Nyali Luxury Coach
By Sibusiso Ngwenya