- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa scuttles Vice President Chiwenga political plans
- Ex ZTA (CEO) Karikoga Kaseke dies at 62
- Self styled Italian Mafia boss exposed for abusing General Chiwenga's name to grab mines and companies
- Fife police officers die in head on collision with Trip Trans bus
- 'CHAMISA is responsible for opposition problems because of his alleged dictatorial style of leadership'
So far Harare, Chitungwiza and Mutare have nominated Biti.
The Renewal Team has been run by an interim executive since it weaned itself from the Morgan Tsvangirai led-MDC-T last year.
A party official said Biti has been nominated to be the president, deputised by Samuel Sipepa Nkomo while Gorden Moyo would be the secretary-general and deputised by Tongai Matutu.
Former MDC-T women’s assembly boss Lucia Matibenga was nominated as chairperson, Last Maengehama (vice-chairperson) Solomon Madzore (national organising secretary), Reggie Moyo (vice organising secretary) and Jacob Mafume (secretary for information and publicity).
Former Mbizo MP Settlement Chikwinya was nominated secretary for elections, Willias Madzimure (international relations), Evelyn Masaiti (women affairs) and Benson Ntini treasurer, the official said.
Renewal Team spokesperson Jacob Mafume confirmed to Newsday that the conventions were held to select provincial and national leadership ahead of the party’s national congress but refused to give details saying he would rather wait until the process was over. Source: newsday