- ZIMBABWEAN teen among 3 Bradford men found guilty of murder
- CHAMISA-led CCC loses by elections appeal.
- BREAKING NEWS; CCC SEC GEN Sengezo Tahabangu wins recalls court case
- GOSPEL musician Ivy Kombo and husband Admire Chasi trial
- US$100Million luxury apartments in Borrowdale West to be named after Mnangagwa.
Gumbo died on Monday night after nearly a week at the United Bulawayo Hospitals where she was treated for injuries suffered in a car accident while going to Harare.
Her death was confirmed by Matabeleland North Minister of State Richard Moyo.
Gumbo, who was also the Zanu-PF women’s league secretary in Matabeleland North, one a hotly contested election in July last year, beating 11 other candidates.
She polled 7,875 votes, beating closest challenger Dalumuzi Khumalo of the MDC Alliance who polled 5,791 votes.
Gumbo’s death sets the stage for a bruising by-election battle between the main parties. – ZimLive