- AFRICA, DOES IT THE NATIVE WAY AS VILLAGERS invigilate O and A level exams in Karoi, Zvishavane, Mberengwa, Mutare, Uzumba, Maramba and Pfungwe,
- MDC-T LEADER THOKOZANI KHUPE HAS EXPELLED EIGHT SENATORS from parliament as they no longer represent the interests of the MDC-T party with effect from June 30 June 2020
- PAKISTAN-180 PASSENGERS RETURNING TO SOUTH AFRICA AND ZIMBABWE, RELIEVED AFTER 'MAZAMBURA RURAL BUS SERVICE' -a.ka.a Air Zimbabwe' 8767-200 ER aircraft with 17 crew and 2 passengers emergency landing,-this time it had not run out of fuel, just the left engine shut down!
- OVER 42 NURSES AND 26 STUDENT NURSES AT THE UNITED BULAWAYO HOSPITALS (UBH) quarantined following the death of a 79-year-old woman who succumbed to Covid-19 last week.
- A GWANDA miner(31) , allegedly strangling his workmate and dumping the body on a railway line, where it was crushed by a train to conceal the murder.
BULAWAYO BULLY BOY (16) arrested for allegedly demanding protection fee and stabbing another boy (16) thrice with an Okapi knife
The assailant from Mpopoma suburb allegedly ambushed and stabbed his victim who is also aged 16 on his back while he was on his way to a barbershop.
The court heard that the accused had previously demanded money from the complainant who lives at a neighbouring house but he refused to give him.
The juvenile pleaded guilty to an assault charge before Western Commonage magistrate, Mr Stephen Ndlovu. He was remanded out of custody on free bail to December 2 for continuation of trial. The boy said he stabbed his neighbour with a screwdriver.
“I do admit to the charges levelled against me, but I didn’t use an Okapi knife your worship, I used a screwdriver,” he said. For the State, Mr Stewart Madzore said the accused person allegedly committed the offence on October 20 this year.
“The accused person unlawfully stabbed the complainant three times on his back using an Okapi knife after they had a misunderstanding,” he said.
Mr Madzore said the victim was rushed to Mpilo Central Hospital after he sustained deep cuts on his back. The complainant said the accused person was in the habit of bullying him.
“The accused person said I should give him money which he claimed to be a protection fee in the neighbourhood. I told him that I’m only a student and I don’t have money and he got angry. After sometime in October, the accused person, who was in company of his friends ambushed and stabbed me on my back. I screamed for help and I was rushed to hospital as blood was gushing out from the wounds,” he said.
The matter was reported to police leading to the Bully’s arrest.