Zifa Debt Is Not My Problem, Warriors Have Qualified For Afcon, & Rio 2016 Olympics, Fifa Is Happy! Im The Most Successful Administrator Since Independance!-Chiyangwa,

chiyangwa-300x223

NATIONAL Football Association of Zimbabwe (NAFAZ) president Phillip Chiyangwa has said the former Zifa workers’ plight is not his problem since they participated in plundering the dissolved association’s resources.

The debt-ridden football mother body was dissolved on Saturday, which was followed by the birth of a new football supreme body in the country, NAFAZ.

Chiyangwa said the workers participated in mismanaging the organisation until it was on its knees so much so that it could not be revived.

He said the new organisation had started on a fresh page and would not tolerate Zifa’s problems at its doorstep.
“The Zifa employees and all those who were owed by that organisation are no longer my problem. That is the liquidator’s baby,” Chiyangwa said.

“I do not want to talk about the Zifa employees, but what is surprising about this whole thing is that these people kept on going to work for an organisation that they knew was dead and had no capacity to pay them. They were part of the problem. They participated in mismanaging that organisation. They plundered that organisation because I fail to understand the interest of someone in working when they are not paid. To be honest, in my view, those workers are dangerous. How were they surviving for such a long time?”

Chiyangwa said now that they had formed a new organisation, they would work without the weight of the Zifa debt on their backs.

He added that the debt was not their problem, suggesting that the individuals in the administration that accumulated the debt should be accountable.

“We left an organistaion that was insolvent. We did not create those debts. We did not want to be associated with those debts, and neither did we want to be bothered about anybody thinking we should have stuck with it. Those that left without paying the debts are the ones that should answer for those debts and there is a law for prosecuting those that plundered the association.”

He said they arrived at the decision to dissolve Zifa after realising the organisation could not carry on and it could not be revived.

“I went into office on December 5 and immediately took leave for South Africa since I had been diagnosed with thyroid infection and went to South Africa for further examination. During that time, I took time to reflect on the situation at Zifa and it became apparent to me that based on the financial situation, whatever needed to happen needed to happen pretty fast.”

He said he could not foresee the organisation being rescued from its financial predicament, particularly after he had discovered that the previous administration had misled everybody, including Fifa, about owning properties which it did not have any shares in.

“I had a look at the financials and discovered that they were misleading. They were not correct in the submissions. From 2010 everything had been inflated, amounts related to properties. The previous executive had misled everybody, including Fifa. They had presented to Fifa they owned properties, which were in the name of a private entity, which they had no share in,” he said.

The properties include Zifa Village and Zifa House, which housed the association’s headquarters, and a property in Kensington as well as another one in Bulawayo.

All the properties belong to Zifa (Private) Limited.

Chiyangwa said it was against this background that he presented the facts to the members who all agreed that the situation was unsustainable since the association could not fund any of its obligations and no one was willing to help with finances to offset the debt which was running to $6 million.

“We had consultations among our members and we concurred that the situation was untenable and we had to shut shop. Having sought legal advice, we went to Fifa and they overwhelmingly accepted our proposal to dissolve and form another organisation. (We) went to congress on (last) Saturday to present the accounts and then find a way forward. That is what our notice was. It was then put to the councillors whether they wanted to continue with that situation. We went to a vote and the decision was to dissolve Zifa,” Chiyangwa said.

NAFAZ had adopted a constitution the day before, and after elections on Saturday, they have started the ball rolling.

The board consists of 12 members, who include two vice-presidents Peter Dube and Omega Sibanda, while the regional chairpersons have also been roped in.

They hope to acquire their own properties to house the headquarters, currently lodging at Chiyangwa’s private office building along Enterprise Road in Harare.

Kenny Ndebele, who will double as both NAFAZ and Premier Soccer League secretary-general, has since started work at the football motherbody.

Chiyangwa said he was not bothered about talk from outside since he had already proved to be a good administrator.

“I am the most successful administrator since Independence. My Mighty Warriors have qualified for Rio 2016 Olympics, the men are going to Afcon and they qualified with a match to spare. So, at the new organisation, we are just focusing on working for the good of football and we will not listen to negative sentiments about what we are doing. All the members are happy and Fifa is happy.” source-newsday

 

(UEFA General Secretary Gianni Infantino Wins Fifa Presidency With Platini & Blatter Gone

ZURICH, SWITZERLAND - FEBRUARY 26:  The new FIFA President Gianni Infantino gestures during a press conference after the Extraordinary FIFA Congress at Hallenstadion on February 26, 2016 in Zurich, Switzerland.  (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)

Swiss Gianni Infantino  ( 45) , the general secretary of European governing body UEFA, has won the presidential election for the world’s Top Soccer governing body (FIFA)

Gianni a former lawyer, won ,after receiving 115 votes and   announced that they will restore  respect thus everyone in the world will applaud Fifa. By Sibusiso Ngwenya

photo-Daily Mail UK -UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino has won Fifa Presidential Election

‘President Mugabe’s, Alpha Omega Dairy Business Facing Viability Challenges’

mugabe_vaxed1-674x280 (1)

President Robert Mugabe’s dairy business, Alpha Omega Dairy is reportedly facing viability challenges amid revelations that the company is struggling to supply its products to various retail outlets in the country. he company requires fresh capital injections to stay afloat, as it is facing cash flow constraints which have made it difficult to produce brands as its Appertina yoghurt flavors, Alpha ice cream and Mnandi sour mil.

The company has since hired a consultancy firm to steer it out of the financial challenges. Following the hire of Ernst & Young to carry out an audit, heads rolled at the company, including executives such as general managers, quality assurances, and sales and marketing managers. source-ZimInd

‘You Can’t Run ZIFA With Your Own Money,’ Mliswa Warns ZIFA Presidential Aspirants

POLITICIAN and former sports administrator, Temba Mliswa, has warned ZIFA presidential candidates to disabuse themselves of the idea that they can run the affairs of the association using personal funds.

Mliswa’s remarks come after flamboyant businessman and ZIFA presidential aspirant, Phillip Chiyangwa, donated $10,000 to the Warriors after their CHAN qualification.

Chiyangwa is the only candidate to official announce his candidature for the ZIFA post left vacant after the departure of Cuthbert Dube.

Chiyangwa has since personalised one of his cars to ZIFA 1 and is travelling the country soliciting for votes from ZIFA councillors.

Speaking to NewZimbabwe.com, Mliswa said he was still consulting on whether to challenge Chiyangwa for the job.

“Look, people should learn from the mistakes former association president Dube made.

“He (Dube) thought he could use his own money to run the affairs of ZIFA, but what happened at the end.”

Dube often acted as a guarantor when the association borrowed money to enable national teams fulfil their assignments. The former ZIFA president then saw his personal property being auctioned after the association failed to pay the debts.

“One can only run the association successfully if they get the backing from government,” said Mliswa.

“Whoever will be elected should tell the government the honest truth that it will be pointless to enter into international competitions without that the financial guarantee from the government.”

Commenting about throwing his name into the ring and his chances of winning, Mliswa said it will be a foregone conclusion that he would win if he competes with Chiyangwa.

“It’s on record; I have beaten him for the Zanu PF chairmanship of Mashonaland West province even when he was splashing cash to the electorate,” said Mliswa.

Armed with sporting qualifications from New Zealand and United State, Mliswa once worked for Zimbabwe Cricket as a development officer and also the Zimbabwe Rugby Union.

He would later become fitness coach for the national soccer team and also premiership side Caps United. source-newzimbabwe

Former Zimbabwe Warriors Coach ‘Rahman Gumbo’ Fired For String Of Poor Results

Rahman-Gumbo-Rush2

FORMER Warriors coach Rahman Gumbo was on Thursday relieved of his duties as Gaborone United coach following a string of poor results. Gumbo, who joined Gaborone United in June 2014, left the capital city side in eighth place with 15 points after 11 matches, 12 points behind pacesetters Township Rollers. Last Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat to Botswana Defence Forces XI, which came five days after a 0-4 loss to Nico, could have marked the end of Gumbo’s tenure. “The management met and since the results weren’t forthcoming, the coach was relieved of his duties,” Gaborone United spokesman Michael Mafutlhe told Botswana’s publication, Mmegi. The club’s technical director, Draglo Stanlojovic, took charge of Gaborone United’s Saturday game against Galaxy FC, whom they beat 2-1 Gumbo is one of the coaches, who have been linked with the vacant How Mine coaching job. Gumbo, a multi-championship winning coach, ex-Chicken Inn and ex-Bantu Rovers coach Mandla Mpofu, national team gaffer Callisto Pasuwa as well as Harare City assistant coach Mkhuphali Masuku are among coaches that How Mine are reportedly considering. The goldminers are also rumoured to be keen on reuniting with their former coach Philani “Beefy” Ncube, who has just won the Southern Region Soccer League championship with Bulawayo City FC. Jeremiah Makota and Usheunesu Chaka have been tasked with the responsibility of leading How Mine until the end of the season. How Mine chairman Alpha Matumbura yesterday maintained the club’s stance that they were in no hurry to appoint a substantive coach. “Our position is still the same as it was a few weeks back. We’ll only appoint a substantive coach at the end of the season when we make a review and plan for the coming season. There are a number of people who’ve sent their profiles, but at the moment we’re content with Makota and Chaka. It’s only fair that we allow these guys to prove themselves,” said Matumbura. Source: chronicle

Former South African Anti-Apartheid Campaigner,Tokyo Sexwale To Run For FIFA Presidency

Former South African anti-apartheid campaigner Tokyo Sexwale, who was once jailed alongside Nelson Mandela, officially entered the running Saturday to become president of FIFA, an aide told AFP.

The 62-year-old diamond mining tycoon and former politician is the fifth official candidate for the February 26 election to succeed Sepp Blatter.

Confirmation that Sexwale would enter the race came from a senior member of his staff, who requested anonymity.

“Tokyo Sexwale will be a candidate for the FIFA presidency,” he told AFP.

No African has headed the 111-year organisation.

The decision came after the South African Football Association (Safa) national executive committee gave Sexwale their full backing after a meeting at a hotel near Johannesburg international airport.

“The Safa NEC has unanimously endorsed Tokyo Sexwale’s FIFA presidential candidacy,” the body said.

Other confirmed candidates ahead of the deadline this Monday are UEFA chief Michel Platini, Prince Ali bin al Hussein of Jordan, former Trinidad and Tobago captain David Nahkid and former FIFA deputy general secretary Jerome Champagne.

The election to replace Blatter, who has been FIFA president since 1998 and is standing down, comes at a time of crisis within the football governing body. –

Sexwale has no active role in South African football, apart from being part of the 2010 FIFA World Cup bidding team and the committee that organised the event.

His work in the 2010 World Cup later saw him being appointed to FIFA’s anti-racism and anti-discrimination committee, creating a name for himself in the organisation.

This year, Sexwale led a delegation to Palestine and Israel to discuss issues affecting the development of football.

He is also a FIFA media committee member.

Sexwale underwent military training in the Soviet Union in 1975, returning to apartheid South Africa a year later.

His conviction on charges of terrorism and conspiracy to overthrow the government saw him being sentenced to Robben Island prison in 1977.

He served 13 years of his 18-year jail term, being freed in 1990.

After his release, Sexwale played an active role in calming the deadly wave of political violence that engulfed black townships outside Johannesburg.

Sexwale was in 1994 appointed by Mandela as the first premier of the country’s richest province, Gauteng, which includes Johannesburg and Pretoria.
– Source-AFP

‘Leave Cecil’s Killers Alone For They Knew Not What They were Doing’??-Grace

Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 09.08.44
Zimbabwe has all but let Cecil’s killers off the hook as Mugabe’s wife says hunter did nothing wrong.

“I say the dentist who killed the lion must be left alone,” said Mrs Mugabe, adding that the dentist “was not aware of the importance of Cecil”. Mrs Mugabe’s comments contradict a previous statement by environment minister Oppah Muchinguri, who first announced that Dr Palmer should be extradited to stand trial in Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwean prosecutors have charged both the professional hunter and the owner of the farm where Cecil the lion was shot by Palmer in July.

Both men have pleaded not guilty but it has already been found that Honest Ndlovu, the owner of the farm, did not have a hunting quota for lions.

“Only animals on quota are to be hunted,” the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority said in a statement. “In this case, both the professional hunter and land owner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt,” they said.

The parks authority have stated that the professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst “illegally connived with Ndlovu to kill the lion”, which is in direct violation of Section 59 of the Parks and Wildlife Act.

Parks Authority believes that the use of a bow and an arrow “was meant to conceal the illegal hunt by using a means that would not alert the rangers on patrol.”

But Ndlovu was freed a couple of weeks ago on a US$200 bail and the case has been postponed to 18 September. Bronkhorst was charged in August with “failure to prevent an illegal hunt” but also allowed to walk with an insignificant bail set.

The lawyer acting on behalf of Bronkhorst, Givemore Mvhiringi, stated that his client will only face a maximum fine of US$450 if convicted of an illegal killing.

No charges have been filed against the man who shot Cecil, Walter Palmer who returned to work at his dental practice last week.

Zimbabwe’s National Prosecuting Authority, which handles extradition requests, said last Tuesday that the Zimbabwean police have not supplied the required documentation for Palmer’s extradition. Police have so far declined to comment on possible charges against Palmer.

In the United States, officials of the Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) stated in July that they would investigate Palmer over Cecil’s killing, but so far nothing has been announced.

Will Travers, president of the Born Free Foundation states that the sentences “will indicate that even if you are found guilty you can break the wildlife laws in Zimbabwe with virtually no impunity.”

Travers says that “millions of people will be deeply disappointed if these lenient fines prove to be the case especially at a time when illegal wildlife crime has been designated a ‘serious crime’ by the United Nations, which carries a four-year custodial tariff.”

“It makes a mockery of the Zimbabwean justice system,” says Travers.

Source – Conservation Action Trust

– See more at: http://www.newzimbabwevision.com

Serena Williams, (33), Oldest female winner Of Major, Wins 6th Wimbledon Title &Holds All 4 Grand Slams

Serena Williams (33)  now holds every major title at the same time  after successfully finishing her  second ‘Serena Slam’ of, arguably an admirable and most  extraordinary tennis sport career  after the American, sports star , beat Garbine Muguruza, the No  20 seed from Spain, 6-4,  winning  her 21st Grand Slam singles title.

Serena Williams at 33  is now the  oldest female Slam winner in the Open era and holds all four tennis  titles, namely the US Open, Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon singles titles at the same time, a feat she previously achieved in 2003, and certainly one that wont be so easy for contenders to upset soon by Sibusiso Ngwenya.

photo-telegraph.uk- Serena Williams beats Garbine Muguruza in Wimbledon 2015 final to claim ‘Serena Slam’ to hold all four grand slams

Former soccer star – Charles Sibanda in Mpilo Central Hospital after car crash

Charles-Sibanda

Former soccer star of the year – Charles Sibanda survived a car crush on Sunday and is currently hospitalised at Mpilo Central Hospital.

Information gleaned by Bulawayo24.com indicate that Sibanda, a How Mine player broke his ribs when a car he was in was involved in an accident along Nketa Drive in Bulawayo.

This comes weeks after his former Highlanders team-mate Mthulisi Maphosa survived a horrifying accident after his car Honda CVR burst the front tyre after hitting a pothole.by Thobekile Zhou. source-bulawayo24

photo-Charles Sibanda-nehanda radio