- BULAWAYO MATERDEI HOSPITAL will charge US$ 60 for casualty, US$3000 for a general ward and US$5000 for ICU for Coronavirus.
- WHICH PARTY deserves such a party card for its brainwashed supporters...yep, I thought so,..shhhh!
- 400 ELEPHANTS FOUND DEAD, 800 TUSKS LYING UNGUARDED AND POACHING FEARS, after Hundreds of elephants have mysteriously died over the past two months in Botswana, from a possible disease or toxin in the area in the Okavango Delta by conservationists, with fears more could die from a possible disease or toxin in the area. Botswana has the largest population of elephants in Africa, around one-third of all elephants on the continent.
- OPPOSITION NELSON CHAMISA MDC ALLIANCE 'S Mberengwa North constituency co-ordinating committee secretary, Trinos Chinyoka (46), who had been missing for three days, died on Saturday after falling into an uncovered disused gold mine shaft at night at Chabudapasi Gold Mine near Yorkes business centre but was only found after searching for three days.
- AFRICA, DOES IT THE NATIVE WAY AS VILLAGERS invigilate O and A level exams in Karoi, Zvishavane, Mberengwa, Mutare, Uzumba, Maramba and Pfungwe,
BULAWAYO MAYOR MGUNI says he wasn’t on leave last week when town clerk Dube was suspended by his deputy, Tinashe Kambarami.
Kambarami and other councillors last week suspended Dube without pay.
However, Mguni, who was reported to be on study leave in South Africa, lifted the suspension.
Mguni yesterday told Southern Eye that he was surprised to hear reports that he was on leave. He said he was only officially absent from work for two days.
“First, there was no vacancy in the office of the mayor. I was not on council leave as there was no certificate issued according the Urban Councils’ Act. I was only absent for two days. The whole thing was not done procedurally. The town clerk is at work today,” Mguni said.
“We cannot just dismiss the deputy mayor’s allegations against the town clerk, the same way we cannot make a decision without the town clerk responding to those allegations.
Every citizen has a constitutional right to a fair hearing. The town clerk is at work today.”
On the issue of reports that councillors were plotting to pass a vote of no confidence on him, Mguni said he was waiting for them, adding he could not be suspended by them, but by the minister.
Following the alleged ejection from office of Dube by councillors, some Bulawayo residents protested at City Hall on Friday, demanding that the suspension be removed. Residents also clamoured for removal from office of the deputy mayor and councillors at the centre of the controversy.
Councillors Kambarami and Silas Chigora were arrested on Friday in connection with the suspension of the town clerk. They appeared in court on Saturday.
There was a heavy police presence yesterday at Large City Hall as police anticipated violence following the suspension of the town clerk.
Acting Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Abednico Ncube said police were at the City Hall to maintain peace and order.
“They were just there to maintain peace,” he said.Source – newsdayINFORMATION IS POWER!-Thank you for the support. Please email all your articles, photos and breaking news, to firstname.lastname@example.org ,linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-ngwenya-563a572b or whatsapp to Mr Sibusiso Ngwenya 0044 79 3 9100534 for publication on the constantly growing online groups, currently standing as follows1) Global News 4us all 207,932 members2) Democratic Prosperous Future 32,319 Members3) Climate, Green Energy, Pollution 18,688 members4) Newzimbabwevision.com website 22,882 likes22,877 followers.Manages NewzimbabwevisionFollowed by 12,392 people