- 'CHAMISA is responsible for opposition problems because of his alleged dictatorial style of leadership'
- 3National Railways of ZIMBABWE workers died last night in train crash between Mutare and Machipanda
- ZANU-PF initiates MNANGAGWA third term in office campaign
- 'I and my family are Zanu- PF and will not donate to opposition '-Chivayo
- Jailed Russian Alexei Navalny an opposition leader, has died
CHIEF FORTUNE CHARUMBIRA says Gukurahundi is not genocide.
Fortune Charumbira, who leads traditional leaders in Zimbabwe says the disturbances in the Midlands and Matebeleland provinces in the 1980s in which over 20 000 people were killed by security forces was not a genocide.
“It was not genocide, no. It was the army responding to dissidents and in the clashes, ended up victimizing innocents. But not, it cannot be called genocide,” he told editors at a Gukurahundi Media Sensitisation workshop in Bulawayo on Thursday.
Source – The Chronicle