- PRESIDENT Mnangagwa appoints business associate John Mushayavanhu as new RBZ governor
- WESTERN DIPLOMATS call CHAMISA incompetent or a Zanu- PF front.
- ZEC removes CCC recalled MPs from ballot papers
- BREAKING NEWS: Passport-Free Travel Between Zimbabwe and Botswana using only national IDs for citizens of both countries
- ZIMBABWE BLOW as Britain scraps dependent visa for migrant workers
OPPOSITION MDC-T leader, Douglas Mwonzora, has recalled Kadoma Mayor Action Nyamukondiwa and 3 MCD-T councillors Michael Mvura, Edson Muzira and Nigel Rozario for Wards 3, 4 and 15 respectively, after they were expelled from the opposition party.
Minister of Local Government and Public Works July Moyo has written a letter to Kadoma town clerk, Malvern Dondo, stating the expelled councillors’ positions are now vacant.
“I wish to inform you that I am in receipt of a letter from the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC-T) stating that Councillor Action Nyamukondiwa of Ward 9, Councillor Edson Muzira Ward 4, Councillor Nigel Rozario Ward 15 and Councillor Michael Mvura Ward 3 have been expelled from the party,” he said.
“In terms of Section 278(1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe as read with Section (1)(k), the above mentioned wards are now vacant. In terms of Section 121 of the Electoral Act, please proceed to inform the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission of these vacancies.”
Sibusiso Ngwenya source – The Herald