- Dr SOLWAYO NGWENYA tweets that Dr Peter Mugobeyi who was abducted almost a week ago has been found disoriented and trying to get lifts to Harare'
- MUGABE'S COUSIN IGNATIOUS CHOMBO'S HEALTH deteriorates and government denies him his passport to seek medical attention from abroad
- #Free Zimbabwe World Awareness Campaign Mnangagwa faces protests at the UN General Assembly in New York next week, from Zimbabweans based in the US
- Chamisa $720k richer as Mnangagwa's treasury releases $3.4 million to MDC under the Political Parties Finance Act.
- DOCTORS, protesting Peter Magombeyi abduction on Saturday after calling for a pay strike, blocked by riot police
Mrs Divaris (90) died in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Trauma Centre where she had been hospitalised
In a statement, the Zanu-PF Secretary for Administration, Dr Ignatius Chombo said Mrs Divaris will get a state assisted funeral.
“His Excellency, the President and First Secretary of Zanu-PF, Cde Robert Mugabe, has conferred a state assisted funeral to the late Liberation Heroine, Cde Kiki Divaris,” said Dr Chombo.
Speaking to the ZBC News yesterday, family spokesperson, Dimitri Divaris, said the family has suffered a great loss.
The modelling industry has been paying tribute to Kiki, as she was affectionately known, with Miss Zimbabwe Trust chairperson Mrs Marry Chiwenga describing her as a mother, mentor and conqueror who worked hard to make the dreams of young girls come true.
Former Miss Zimbabwe for 2004, Osley Muringai Matsikinyeri says Kiki was a formidable woman, a great mother, respected member of her community and a philanthropist of note.
Kiki, a former Miss Zimbabwe, was one of the most prominent figures of the Greek community in the country.
Mourners are gathered at Number 68 Churchill Avenue in Alexandra Park.
Burial arrangements will be announced in due course.